• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cops 4 Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did the conversion and it fixed several problems. The bike also fires in about one half rotation now!

Just did the conversion and it fixed several problems. The bike also fires in about one half rotation now!
Glad to hear it.
I converted to COPs a few years ago because one of my front coils was acting up.

I have a set coming from blaxmax coming in the mail. i'll give a report when I receive them and get them installed! One thing I will say, he sent me a tracking number within an hour after I paid for them!
Ray

I'm thinking of trying a set any proof out there that this mod makes anymore Hp my current setup in Nology wires

I would look at this upgrade as just what it is-upgrade.
Seat of the pants the first time I rode 1/2 block I could tell the difference.
A set I just sold a member says his starts now with 1/2 turn of the starter, no more dead spots at 7000rpm, quicker response.
35 year old coils vs today's technology.

I would look at this upgrade as just what it is-upgrade.
Seat of the pants the first time I rode 1/2 block I could tell the difference.
A set I just sold a member says his starts now with 1/2 turn of the starter, no more dead spots at 7000rpm, quicker response.
35 year old coils vs today's technology.

Which model Densos do you use in the kit ?

129700-4400 (short) & 129700-4800 (long).
I've made a few with 129700-4150 from a gsxr 1000
Just a heads up a few guys that used the Denso 4150's (1.3 ohm) said they had to add resistors to get the VBoost to open at the correct rpm.

Just a heads up a few guys that used the Denso 4150's (1.3 ohm) said they had to add resistors to get the VBoost to open at the correct rpm.
Thanks Dennis, I've stayed in contact with all so far and careful as to their set ups with ignition boxes also.

I'm thinking of trying a set any proof out there that this mod makes anymore Hp my current setup in Nology wires

I took mine to the dyno, there is NO HP INCREASE, vs a stock setup that is in good tune, and that is the caveat.....in good tune. We know that coils get hot, cracked, etc. wires get corroded. The upgrade to up to date technology is the main selling point. If you have a COP that goes bad while your on a trip, you can go to your local parts store and order one......you cant do that with the Vmax coils.

I'm running the unresistored COPS that Gannon makes with the ignitech with no issues. With the ignitech you do have to make certain that the dwell is set to auto. The ignitech is a "smart" ECU, and it will determine what the dwell needs to be for it to fire best.

Latest posts

Back