crappy highway pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i bought a set of universal u-clamp pegs, but no matter how hard i tighten them, they dont stay in place. :ummm:
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i bought a set of universal u-clamp pegs, but no matter how hard i tighten them, they dont stay in place. :ummm:
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That universal mount stuff usually doesn't work out very well. You can try wrapping something like duct tape or velcro around the 'clamp-to' tube, but it prolly won't make much diff.

Usually better off with add-ons specifically made for your bike.

None of the clamp-ons will stay in place. I usually drill a hole in the case guards and use a through bolt type peg. Have done this on a Max and a Bandit. My current Max has a pad that clamps to the case guards and cannot move do to the design. From Bike Master and costs less than $20. You can see it at the bottom center of the first picture. If you do not have case guards, a cross bar that clamps to the frame downtubes with u-bolts is another option (but ugly). The second pic shows the bolt thru on my old Bandit. Don't have a pic of my old Max with the bolt thru pegs.

Attachments

• 2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 2.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Left Side - Engine Rear 3-4.jpg
    Left Side - Engine Rear 3-4.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 82
YOU CAN TRY FOLDING A COUPLE PIECES OF 120 GRIT SAND PAPER IN HALF & PUTTING IT IN BETWEEN THE PEG CLAMP & THE BAR IT'S BEING CLAMPED TO , SO THE "SAND SIDE" IS IN CONTACT WITH BOTH SURFACES .:punk:

Latest posts

Back