Trouble installing solid motor mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect that kind of thought process from the guys but from CB? :ummm:
I guess all mechanics are the same, doesn't matter if you have an x or y. :biglaugh:
Just lube it up and stab it in, you'll know if ya hit the right spot.:clapping:
If you're still having trouble, spread some rogaine on it.:rofl_200:

Yes, normally takes me less then 10-15 seconds. You have to imagine that the shaft is your finger and you are feeling for the end of the u-joint with your tip. Once you "feel" it you lift up the end - rotate it around until you feel it start to enter - then pop it on the end to push past the locking spring.

If you still have trouble, take off the two rear shocks (at least the lower connections). This will let the swingarm droop down and better match the angle the u-joint is hanging at. Then install the shaft.

Sean

Already had the shocks off the swingarm.

Wrapped the shaft in light wire through that plug hole to suspend it in the middle of the swingarm and finally got in on there, by myself even. But sitting on my butt on the dirty garage floor all covered with axle grease kinda takes the romance out of it....

Thanks everybody, I'd still be cursing without the help.

Exhaust question: do my used Supertrapps just fit onto the exhaust headers? I don't need some kind of gasket or clamp or anything? They just snug-fit on there?

Already had the shocks off the swingarm.

Wrapped the shaft in light wire through that plug hole to suspend it in the middle of the swingarm and finally got in on there, by myself even. But sitting on my butt on the dirty garage floor all covered with axle grease kinda takes the romance out of it....

Thanks everybody, I'd still be cursing without the help.

Exhaust question: do my used Supertrapps just fit onto the exhaust headers? I don't need some kind of gasket or clamp or anything? They just snug-fit on there?

i believe thats how mine went in. didn't put them in myself tho! i knwo cobras have a clamp, nothing like that on the 'traps.

Back