06' v max morley musle/ marks pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
06' v max morley muscle/ marks pipes

i finally got the max to the harley dealer for some dyno time. its funny to see all the hardly guys run out and guawk but they did a few pulls in 4th and 5th to see if there was a difference not much. i think it did good for having 500 miles on it looks like it needs a little fine tune but real close. anyone with any input on tweeking it let me know.
chris :hihi:

Attachments

• ebay pics 031.jpg
    ebay pics 031.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 218
  • ebay pics 032.jpg
    ebay pics 032.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 221
i had to see what the dyno said after the pipe and jet kit even though it may not be broke in because it took me 2 years to put 500 miles on it. i dont know what the break in time is but it could take some time for me to see it and based on what i read break in time is a heavy opionated topic. so maybe it 2 to 4 years it will have 2000 miles and i will try again LOL!
Chris :punk:

did a lot of top gear rollons against my buddys bike 113 yamaha roadliner ...... side by side for many rollons...after 3000 miles id pull him pretty fast..only change was the more milage on my bike

Hp looks OK, but the torque #'s look low. I would think it should be in the 80-85 lbs range with that setup.

Looks like 1 -2 sizes smaller on the main would get the high rpm's in the A/F range. It would also get you over the 120rwhp mark. I would estimate 122 with it set correctly. Your torque is about in the ball park but on the lower side but not way off - within 1 or 2 - it is nice and flat thought.

no problem with the mileage but a few more miles will gain you even more power.

Sean

i have the 160 mains that you said to start with should i drop to 157.5's you think that will help the a/f range. what about the a/f screws they have a big part or no i believe i have them at 3.5 turns out.
Chris :ummm:

it did look like they may have been a bit far out (they affect the low rpm, the main is the high rpm, and the needles the midrange). I would say to try either the 157.5's or even the 155's. The 155's may be closer actually.

Sean

thanks Sean i will try turning the a/f screws in a half turn or so and drop the main down.
chris :worthy:

Latest posts

Back