09 VMAX Price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode the new 09 VMAX Friday!
YES! You heard me right!
I RODE IT!
I took it for a 20 minute spin in Daytona on the Star Demo Rides.

And all I can say is... It IS worth every penny of the $17,999.00 sticker price.
It's tight, it extremely well balanced, And it will ROCKET OFF when you twist the throttle, It doesn't matter what gear your in or what rpms your at.
It Moves with authority! No ifs ands or butts about it!

Everything they billed the 09 VMAX as, is true.

I went from 15 to 77 in a blink of an eye in 2nd gear.

AWESOME RIDE... JUST PLAIN AWESOME!
I will be owning one when they are on the showroom floor and can ride off on one!

What does it do in a 1/4 mile?

Keep in mind where the economy is lower so will the prices.
I Live in NJ, I called DE, and 2 NJ shops and THe best deal out of the three was the 17200 I settled for. Its not about can you wheel and deal its all about location. Where I'm from they could sell all 2500 with the right marketing. THey know this and dont need to pinch the price just to be the dealer that got to sell on. IN fact my Dealers ship has sold 3 of the bikes and that is just one deallership and they arent even at 2500 orders yet. Last I heard it was around 1900. Also I see some talk about they dont want to get stuck with them. Duh, They are built by order only I was told they will not be for retail. The only ones that will see the show room floor are pre - orders that fall through. The dealler already has the first 1000.00 in thier pocket from the deposit now they can swing the price a little to get rid of it. Also it wont have the 2 year warrenty only offered to the qualified pre order buyers. I dont like the huge swing I've seen price wise to this bike from one cost to anouther but I cant complain to much knowing I found tho lowest deal avilable around me. It would have cost me the difference in what I paid to get me the Bike here if I was to buy it from a dealer in the middle of the US.[/quote

That's all BS about being cheaper in a diffrent state. Only thing going to be diffrent is sale's tax. Grow some ball's and deal. And when a dealer tell's you they sold a bunch of them, they are full of shit. If you believe a salesman, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Yamaha is taking orders so they don't over produce because they don't know how many people will pay $20,000 for it and so the dealer don't get stuck with a overpriced bike that can't sell. Yamaha has done this before to see if the bike will sell or flop. Very smart on their part, but suck's for buyer's wanting to see them and to sit on it to see how it feel's in person.

And like I said, I got my stealer down to $17,000 OTD. And Cook County,IL has the highest sale's tax's it the US. So if nobody can't beat it, then that is sad.

Last edited:
WHO CARES!!!

It was a DEMO RIDE! HELLO!!!! They aren't going to let you run a quarter mile pushing the bike to the limits.

When you get yours, you'll know what it can do in a quarter mile!

Any other stupid questions?

Why is that a stupid question? I'm a bit suspect of Yamaha's approach to the 09. They'd positioned like a 1/4 mile, hard acceleration bike but won't produce any numbers. And no concrete numbers will be available until after the "ordering deadline" when people actually get their bikes.

Why is that a stupid question? I'm a bit suspect of Yamaha's approach to the 09. They'd positioned like a 1/4 mile, hard acceleration bike but won't produce any numbers. And no concrete numbers will be available until after the "ordering deadline" when people actually get their bikes.

I agree with Buster Hymen.

Do you have anymore dumb ass answers 82ndCowboy?

Sorry Trapshooter12,
I guess I have a short fuse today because Biketoberfest is over and I'm having a tantrum about it like a lil kid. LOL!

But I think the question was stupid because I specifically said I went on a Demo Ride. I didn't say I was given an 09 to do my own performance testing on.
And I took the question as a jab, as in well yeah, what's the 1/4 time, like I was blowing smoke out my ass or something.

So my apologies for being testy! I took your post the wrong way!

Sorry Buster,
I guess I have a short fuse today because Biketoberfest is over and I'm having a tantrum about it like a lil kid. LOL!

But I think the question was stupid because I specifically said I went on a Demo Ride. I didn't say I was given an 09 to do my own performance testing on.
And I took the question as a jab, as in well yeah, what's the 1/4 time, like I was blowing smoke out my ass or something.

So my apologies for being testy! I really don't want to go to work tomorrow!

I just asked you a simple question on what it does in a 1/4 mile because I can't seem to find this info out. There was nothing neg about me asking. But I see you want to jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the morons. So be It.

I just asked you a simple question on what it does in a 1/4 mile because I can't seem to find this info out. There was nothing neg about me asking. But I see you want to jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the morons. So be It.

DUDE!!!
I apologized for being testy! Geez... I even explained why I took it the wrong way!
But now your calling not just me, but others, Morons!
Go back to your lil Honda Forums!
Just click the little X in the top right hand corner and be gone...

DUDE!!!
I apologized for being testy! Geez... I even explained why I took it the wrong way!
But now your calling not just me, but others, Morons!
Go back to your lil Honda Forums!
Just click the little X in the top right hand corner and be gone...

You didn't apologize to me. You apologized to Buster. And by the way, when your mad about something, don't take it out on someone else. That show's what kind of person you really are.

happy now!!!!

No, I would be happy when I get some respect and no romperoom comments. I'm thinking about buy a VMAX and trying to get some answer's. That's what a forum is for. Isn't It? So if you want to talk shit, then I suggest YOU click on the X and go find yourself a chat room. They like to play that romperoom shit out there. And by the way, I'm trying to help people find a better deal. What are you doing? (I won't give you a answer unless you get your own.) You are sad dude. Do us all a favor and don't post. Just let someone with a half of brain do the answering.

P.S. By the way,when you go on a Honda fourm, they talk to you with respect and will do all they can to help you. They don't tolerate BS. But they don't have to worry about that because they are respectfull and helpfull people. I'm sure this forum has them to, but It seem's like I'm finding the dumb one's. I may have sounded a little disrespectfull myself, but I don't take anyone's crap. I do apologize to the good people that don't deserve this BS. Make your fourm work, don't use it for shit talk.

Trapshooter, Comming off a bit harsh to everyone? Your telling peeps to grow balls and deal? Is it dealling when the dealer ship says 15,8? Even if I used it as a tool to bargin with its not like the bike is on thier floor going to rot away. I do deal and usually very well. However it was clearly posted MSRP$17990 I could only go from their. I got it for 17200 + Tax and tags. I dont think that was bad. Telling them a dealership in the mid US has them cheaper I dont think would have made much of an impact. They know that wont be a good deal for me to reach for and get it here. You found a good deal that is great. But its not YOUR DEAL ITS THE PRICE THEY OFFERED IT FOR so ease up on the comments toward people and their deal. I know there is no way that bike would sell at the dealler ship around here for that price.

Last edited:
Trapshooter, Comming off a bit harsh to everyone? Your telling peeps to grow balls and deal? Is it dealling when the dealer ship says 15,8? Even if I used it as a tool to bargin with its not like the bike is on thier floor going to rot away. I do deal and usually very well. However it was clearly posted MSRP$17990 I could only go from their. I got it for 17200 + Tax and tags. I dont think that was bad. Telling them a dealership in the mid US has them cheaper I dont think would have made much of an impact. They know that wont be a good deal for me to reach for and get it here. You found a good deal that is great. But its not YOUR DEAL ITS THE PRICE THEY OFFERED IT FOR so ease up on the comments toward people and their deal. I know there is no way that bike would sell at the dealler ship around here for that price. Plus The receptionist is the one when I walked in the door who asked how she could help me and I said I wanted to buy A 09 Vmax and she said it right there thats the second one that week. That was before I talked to a salesman who said it was there 3rd since it started. Who are you to just beleive everyone is full of crap. I'm just asking you to lighten up. There are going to be good and not so good deals for everyone. but it is still thier deal. You shouldnt be making some people think they were totally taking to the cleaners because they didnt use your Low price find. It is nice you did but its not going to help thowes of us who bought before your post.
Not trying to sling mud here.

I may have come off harsh because you where a instigator of the BS. As for the web page, you don't need to tell them where the dealer is from. That dealer isnt even the dealer I was dealing with. Countryside is far from me. I was dealing with 3 diffrent local dealers. Has nothing to do with Highland. Highlandsprice was $17,324 OTD. I just happend to find that page when I was looking for dealers on Yamaha's site.

As for (grow balls and deal). Some people need that. I hate when people pay full price. They don't want to insult the dealer. That's BS, you can't insult them. If they don't come down, then you walk out and take your biss to the next dealer. Once you give in, they know they got you. This is the best time to deal, winter is coming, riding season is almost over, they will be turning on the heat, and not to mention the economy is in the toilet. Have you been in a bike dealership lately? They look like a ghost town. The stealer's must still be making money if they will sell me one for $17.000OTD. I'm sure they are not doing it for free.

(You shouldnt be making some people think they were totally taking to the cleaners because they didnt use your Low price find.) My Info wasn't used to make people think they were totally taking to the cleaners. If I was looking to buy somthing, I would love to have this Info. Just because your done with your deal don't mean people have to settle for your price.

Last edited:
I think Yamaha won't give numbers because the bike might not be the bike they clame it to be for that big dollar price tag. For that price, it better be the fastest production bike made. I love that video they did at the dragstrip with the jet car. I don't know who they were trying to fool. That car wasn't even trying. I think the jet car was at idle.

This is a joke: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx9HOHKMHwM&NR=1

I may have come off harsh because you where a instigator of the BS.

Instagator? Of what BS. I was one that felt you were pointing at for the deals we made that wasnt anywhere near 15,880. If you werent talking thoes of us then I'm sorry. As far as price averages differ in certain areas isnt BS.

I can't recall a better combination of circumstances (economy, tight credit) more favorable to cash motorcycle buyers than those now, or what we'll possibly see in the next few months.

If you've got the ca$h and a trailer to go get it, just sit down with your phone and start calling and low-balling dealers. Let them know what you're willing to give, and let them decide whether they want the deal - or not. Don't forget the small town dealers, either. Gonna be a long, cold, slow winter for them.

i can't recall a better combination of circumstances (economy, tight credit) more favorable to cash motorcycle buyers than those now, or what we'll possibly see in the next few months.

If you've got the ca$h and a trailer to go get it, just sit down with your phone and start calling and low-balling dealers. Let them know what you're willing to give, and let them decide whether they want the deal - or not. Don't forget the small town dealers, either. Gonna be a long, cold, slow winter for them.

amen

I think Yamaha won't give numbers because the bike might not be the bike they clame it to be for that big dollar price tag. For that price, it better be the fastest production bike made.

I hear you, and think the whole marketing thing could be suspect. But, how many of you would be disappointed to find out the bike might be a tenth or two slower than 'fastest', right now? I mean, seriously?

The Max is a terrific bike, one way or the other, but if the only jollies you get from it is because it's the fastest bike made, then prepare to be disappointed. It's like running to the computer store and buying the fastest box made, only to be one-upped by another computer in short order. Does your computer suddenly suck when a faster one comes out?

There are some of you, no doubt, that wring every bit of performance out of your current Max, but how many of you will be routinely beating the shit out of your 200-hp, $18,000 bike? Got the road? Got the traffic-free room? Can you tell the difference in the seat of your pants between a 10-sec bike and a 9.6-second bike while riding with your buddies?

Back