129 dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking Kaw.

I can't blame the wife for not wanting to ride behind " lightning " , on the Dragon. LOL:rofl_200:

Nice looking Kaw.

I can't blame the wife for not wanting to ride behind " lightning " , on the Dragon. LOL:rofl_200:

This year I took the M109 in june without the bags or fairing (as seen in the photo). Everything is fine until you lean too much to the right and the pipes scrape enough to lift the back wheel up and make it slide a few feet. That really gets your attention. Thing is, my bike isn't even lowered. But, I guess 255 lbs does lower it quiet a bit:ummm:.

I am going to try to make this !!! i proaly leave the house early am dark see yall there. The po Po there sucks, Last time i was up there we all almost got locked up for racing. Some cop was trying to find a v max that fit the key he had to the max that out ran him hahah

Heading that friday all the rooms are full at the gap. were is a good place to stay?

Since when has the weather service forecasts proved to be correct ? ( See climate change / Al Gore / Polar Bear / Ice status in the Artic Circle , etc. , etc. ad nauseam ) :rofl_200:

When we arrived in June there was a pretty awesome lightning show/ thunderstorm happening, in a little more than a hour we were riding on the Dragon.
Here is the pic of the river running under my trailer!
2014-06-23 15.33.32.jpg

Then just a little while later here we are at Deals Gap where the ground was completely dry!
2014-06-23 17.05.34.jpg 2014-06-23 17.10.35.jpg

Red bone is so correct. In the N.C. mountains, it can be cloudy and raining one minute, and very nice and dry the next. This past june, we did one pass on the dragon, starting from the dam side. We grabbed a bite to eat and then decided to do a quick run back to the dam and then back to the tree of shame. After doing a spirited run up to the dam, we turned around, and faced a wall of rain from 100yards away from the dam all the way back to the tree of shame. It then stopped and we were able to take 28 (moonshiner) back down to 19 and then back to maggie valley. What I am saying is, you never know what you will get. Just always carry rain gear.

Nice Bike Redbone.

Do you guys have a yearly meet down there? I am missing Johnstown this year due to an injury, but I'll be hitting the dragon before the year is out.

This was my first trip down to the area, we started at the Dragon(and surrounding areas) the drove over to Somerset, PA to finish up the week riding at Thunder 2014. There is a lot great roads that we saw only a small part of the area that surrounds the Dragon. There is a Vmax group that meets in September for a ride on the Dragon/ surrounding areas and I believe they normally promote the ride on Facebook.

Back