137 MPH governed MPH WTF ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well theres got to be an easy way to bypass it!

I'm sure there will be something similar to the Hayabusa TRE mod. However we have to get the bike first to figure out the mod. Don't worry, there will be high speed carnage! LOL! :cheers:

I predict that there will be a simple fix posted on this site within 7 days of the first person taking delivery of one.

5 speed tranny... same red line top speed will be the same will top out at 145 150 same as the vmax

5 speed tranny... same red line top speed will be the same will top out at 145 150 same as the vmax

True, IF the rear tire is the same diameter, the 5th gear ratio is the same, and the rear gear is the same.

Are they? :ummm:

True, IF the rear tire is the same diameter, the 5th gear ratio is the same, and the rear gear is the same.

dont know ..... seems its geared for the track like the old max..someone said clip a wire and the bike will do 200:ummm: think its closer to 150 ... wheel size gearing is 10 mph eather wa y....cant see it being the quickest bike made with gsx 1000 300 pounds lighter withthe same hp

dont know ..... seems its geared for the track like the old max..someone said clip a wire and the bike will do 200:ummm: think its closer to 150 ... wheel size gearing is 10 mph eather wa y....cant see it being the quickest bike made with gsx 1000 300 pounds lighter withthe same hp

it has teice the torque of the Gixxer and is geared better for the strip...

it has teice the torque of the Gixxer and is geared better for the strip...

my understanding torque is more for the street when at the track running redline torque means nothing it all hp and wheel speed rpm......anyway cant wait to see my first one on the street..always like a 5 speed tranny

I am sure its geared a little taller than our maxes. I am going to guess once a TRE comes out for the 09 it will be able to run around high 170's low 180's redlined in 5th.

my understanding torque is more for the street when at the track running redline torque means nothing it all hp and wheel speed rpm......anyway cant wait to see my first one on the street..always like a 5 speed tranny
Tourqe is a function of HP plus when you have a bike that heavy you need tourqe to get that heavy thing moving.:biglaugh:

No )09 has an 18". No) But close to the old and No) But also close to the old.

Maybe of a 600, but the 1000 are 80 ft lbs which is more than half of 122 for the VMax.

They have to work a lot harder to use those 80lb. And in the past mods done on differant bikes I have noticed a big differance in just a 10lb. increase. Doesn't matter anyway,we all know it's going to be fun as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Hymen
Maybe of a 600, but the 1000 are 80 ft lbs which is more than half of 122 for the VMax.

They have to work a lot harder to use those 80lb. And in the past mods done on differant bikes I have noticed a big differance in just a 10lb. increase. Doesn't matter anyway,we all know it's going to be fun as hell.

I don't know what you mean by "work a lot harder" but a GSXR1000 is at 80lb of torque at 8 grand with a red line of 12k.

Attachments

• gsxr1000hi_05_dynochart.jpg
    gsxr1000hi_05_dynochart.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
I don't know what you mean by "work a lot harder" but a GSXR1000 is at 80lb of torque at 8 grand with a red line of 12k.

I think he means that the gixxer is at 8000 rpm making 80lb, but another bike might be making that at a lower rpm?

Or another way to say it is, maybe the max is making a hell of a lot more torque at 3000 rpm than the gixxer is making at 3000 and so the gxxer has to rev to a higher rpm (work harder) to get the same torque out of it....

Too many variables to make that claim; you left out primary reduction, 5th gear ratio, middle gear ratio, final drive ratio and tire diameter.

Too many variables to make that claim; you left out primary reduction, 5th gear ratio, middle gear ratio, final drive ratio and tire diameter.[/..my thinking is if the new max is going for 1/4 mile time king of the strip..... then should be pretty close...just a guess...just thought id throw it out there :confused2:

Too many variables to make that claim; you left out primary reduction, 5th gear ratio, middle gear ratio, final drive ratio and tire diameter.[/..my thinking is if the new max is going for 1/4 mile time king of the strip..... then should be pretty close...just a guess...just thought id throw it out there :confused2:

Probably not too far off tho'

All that extra torque and HP looks like it got used tho' since they raised the final gear ratio.......

Back