1995 vmax carb help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebmad

Reaction score
Ok so I have ran through allot of the forums and YouTube and anything else I could find. Does anybody know of a detailed video that shows how to sync the carbs with a sync pro, the process to go through to sync them and how to know if you need to mess with the a/f mixture screws, there is next to nothing for videos on all this. Any help would be amazing

Here is a really good procedure. Carb syncing is different than messing with the air fuel screws. You need to have the air fuel screws set first.....but unless someone has messed with them, you shouldnt need to do anything to them. Go ahead and sync.

Attachments

• Carb sync procedure sept11.pdf
    407.3 KB · Views: 21
Somebody mentioned setting the a/f screws by monitoring the vacuum during sync. Highest vac=best setting or something like that.

Somebody mentioned setting the a/f screws by monitoring the vacuum during sync. Highest vac=best setting or something like that.

I tried that and never could get it to work. It might have worked for him.....but not for me.

They were messed with, I put them all the way down then 2 1/2 turns out right? and about were should the vacuum sit on the sync pro gauges?

2.5 should be fine.....the vacuum will go up or down, as you twist the sync screws. You are syncing to the left front carb....that is the only carb without a sync screw. So.....you twist all the other screws until each carb matches up to the left front.

Dont forget to blip the throttle between setting each carb, and let it settle back down.

Ok awesome my gauges get in Wednesday I should be good to go now I appreciate it guys you were allot of help for sure

Let us know how it turns out. Any question that you have can be answered by this forum.

They were messed with, I put them all the way down then 2 1/2 turns out right? and about were should the vacuum sit on the sync pro gauges?

I set my A/F where the bike runs best. That requires a tuning ride with a little screw driver. Most will end up 2 1/2-3 1/4 turns out after spending a lot of time screwing with it. Not just idle is effected. Off idle and into mid range and beyond possibly, are effected.
The old vacuum gauge method of setting the A/F worked on carb. engines. It's not the most popular way of doing it on a vmax. Not saying if it's wrong or right.

If you do have that one throw that thing as far away as you can---
Get a carbtune.
All your a/f mixture when set right will probably not (and shouldn't ) be the same.
You do not have the same temp in the back cylinders as you do the front.
I set my a/f with the carbtune and a laser.

Back