1st ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc-vmax

Reaction score
Just got back from my first ride on my "new" 2004 up and down the coast of Japan. Was gone for about 6 hours with stopping in there of course. Rode with all Harleys except for the max of course. Had a great time and I am soooo glad that I bought this 2004 while I'm here.

Glad you are happy with your new VMAX, have you priced the shipping it back to the states, assumming you are planning on coming back.

semper fi and thank you for your service to the country

Ron

Shouldn't cost me anything. I should be able to put both of them in my household goods shipment, as long as I don't go over my max weight.

Did you get a "US" version of the VMAX or the Japanese version ? I heard the Japanese bikes don't have v-boost. Either way, congrads !

Did you get a "US" version of the VMAX or the Japanese version ? I heard the Japanese bikes don't have v-boost. Either way, congrads !

It's actually a Canadian model, so it is fully compatible with the U.S. standards and can be brought back with ease. And yes the Japanese bikes only have about 90-100 hp and no vboost. I wouldn't buy one even if that was the only option.:bang head:

Actually, only the newer Canadian models can be brought back. Older versions take an act of congress (a shit ton of paperwork) to get across. I can always sell you the needed parts to make it full power!

Sean

Actually, only the newer Canadian models can be brought back. Older versions take an act of congress (a shit ton of paperwork) to get across. I can always sell you the needed parts to make it full power!

Sean

What are you talking about Sean????? I got a letter from Yamaha saying that it is U.S. compliant. How new are you talking? Mine is a 2004.:ummm:

Yours is plenty new enough. Sometime in the early 90's they made the coverage available.

Sean

I think some pics of your riding area would be cool as shit! Hook a brotha up!

Chris

+1 on the scenery pics. Id dig that too.
Maybe we should start a "Your Ride Roads Photo Thread" . Leonard sends me pics of Cali coast that he rides. Its really kik ass to see some of yall's riding areas.

+1 on the scenery pics. Id dig that too.
Maybe we should start a "Your Ride Roads Photo Thread" . Leonard sends me pics of Cali coast that he rides. Its really kik ass to see some of yall's riding areas.
Road photo thread would be sweet!

Back