2007 Vmax modifications

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have my EBC HH brake pads in 2 days. Hopefully a noticeable difference.

Next week I'll be getting my Christmas list ordered up, mostly from Morley's.
I think I've decided on Marks Exhaust instead of the UFO (think there's will be toooo loud).
Clutch parts if needed from Morley's (double D)
Dynojet carb kit stage 1 or 7 ???
Air filter kit or do I just mod my existing one ?
Shift light
Oil pressure gauge
Progressive coils and Ricor or Emulators (not sure which ones yet). If the Ricor's are worth the extra $$ I'd rather go that route.

I'll fabricate or machine my own frame braces and backrest for my passengers.

Does anyone make a replacement speedo with a tach in it? SPA, ACEWELL, KOSO....
Whats your thoughts on the stage 1 versus stage 7 dynajet kit? Muscle jet Kit or STG 7. Don't bother with STG 1
Recommendation on air filter, go K&N or mod existing? If you get a jet kit (STG 7, or morley muscle jet kit) you can buy the corresponding filter setup. Stg 7 has 4 pod filters. Muscle kit has on big flat filter built into a customized air box lid. Both kits use K&N. If you're not going with a jet kit, stock is fine. A stock type K&N filter will not give any more HP on this bike. Only advantage is its reusable
Still not sure if I really want to lower the bike......... You don't have to. You can try it out by sliding the forks up in the trees 1" and see what you think.
Do I even need to bother with the dreaded o-ring issue since mines a 2007? If you let the bike warm up before romping on it, it should be fine. For $40, the COO kit is good for peace of mind. When you do the exhaust, that is when you drop the oil pan!
What about modding for the "boost" adjustment something I can select or just on all the time? T-boost will do this if you want. Some really like it. Some say its a waste of money. I just run open vboost all the time
What about the rear suspension? How much you want to spend. Works, Ohlins, Progressive...... you get what you pay for. Stock is OK, really. The other stuff is just, better

Thanks again -- you all :punk::punk:

See above in red

I'll have my EBC HH brake pads in 2 days. Hopefully a noticeable difference.

Next week I'll be getting my Christmas list ordered up, mostly from Morley's.
I think I've decided on Marks Exhaust instead of the UFO (think there's will be toooo loud).
Clutch parts if needed from Morley's (double D)
Dynojet carb kit stage 1 or 7 ???
Air filter kit or do I just mod my existing one ?
Shift light
Oil pressure gauge
Progressive coils and Ricor or Emulators (not sure which ones yet). If the Ricor's are worth the extra $$ I'd rather go that route.

I'll fabricate or machine my own frame braces and backrest for my passengers.

Does anyone make a replacement speedo with a tach in it?
Whats your thoughts on the stage 1 versus stage 7 dynajet kit?
Recommendation on air filter, go K&N or mod existing?
Still not sure if I really want to lower the bike.........
Do I even need to bother with the dreaded o-ring issue since mines a 2007?
What about modding for the "boost" adjustment something I can select or just on all the time?
What about the rear suspension?

Thanks again -- you all :punk::punk:

If your going to order from Sean you can get his muscle jet kit instead of the stage 7. Stage 1 is something not to bother with. The either 99+ or 02+ bikes have a revised o ring, and shouldn't be an issue, you're adding a oil pressure gauge so on the off chance you do manage to push out the revised ring (its the pipe that's revised too) you'll know. Marks seems to be real popular, sweet sounding from the clips I've heard. As far as a vBoost controller, I think Yamaha put forth a pretty good effort into figuring out what works best with regards to the vBoost. I've looked at the dyno graphs of the stock vBoost vs always open, or open at 3000 Rpm, and the stocker always made more torque. Makes sense, your hurting the intake velocity and therefore inhibiting good throttle response and accurate carberation when the vBoost is open too soon.

Another mod that helps TONS with the handling is to put in a set of solid motor mounts. Takes away the need to put on frame braces. +1 on putting in Sean's jet kit when you put the exhaust on! His kit is the very best for the VMax bar none. Other than lacking buying motor mounts your list looks pretty good. You have to beware though, the Mod Monkey is getting his slimey claws into you and it will never end!

@ [email protected] - what is the COO kit for $40?

anyone know if there is a difference between aftermarket aluminum motor mounts and the aluminum motor mounts that are stock on some of the ventures?

http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

thanks

Check this link and scroll down a bit for the COO kit:
http://www.cycleoneoff.com/vmaxpag2.html

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Don't blow up your Vmax!!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]New V-Max and Venture O-ring Pop Stopper kit.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Don't spin your crankshaft because you did not know.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This could be a minor to total engine failure problem.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is common problem with the V-max 1985-2007 and the 1st generation Venture.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It comes with the new machined O-ring pop stopper, oil pan gasket, and instructions.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If your pressure is down then this might be the fix for you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you don't know your oil pressure then you need to buy one of our oil pressure gauge kits.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Price $40.00 #VTMXO
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you want to learn more about this problem simply copy and paste.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=o+ring+v+max[/FONT]​
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]​

[/FONT]

The Venture mounts will work fine, but the rear ones are a pain unless you know someone who can machine a flat on one side of the flanged end to facilitate installation. I do believe Sean sells delrin mounts which are just as good and come ready to install all around. There is a thread here somewhere about installing them so I would read that as well. You will need to set aside the better part of a day to do them, the front 4 are easy, the rear two are a right royal pain to install and you have to remove the carbs to tilt the rear of the engine up to install them.

@ [email protected] - what is the COO kit for $40?

anyone know if there is a difference between aftermarket aluminum motor mounts and the aluminum motor mounts that are stock on some of the ventures?

http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html

thanks

FYI, these are a PITA to install. They also transmit more vibes to your hands. That's one thing I can't have... My hands go numb on every bike I've ever ridden, so I don't need help with it.

Chris

Back