2008 Yamaha Vmax confirmed for production and launch!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From Raptors and Rockets today:

"Yamaha have now confirmed that the Vmax will become reality shortly. The new Max will be a 2008 model and the launch will take place this Autumn. The Vmax will be offered to US and European riders first and the production will be split 50/50 from what we have been told. In the US the bike will be named Star Vmax and in Europe Yamaha Vmax. Apparently the final specs will not disappoint anyone..."

Link: http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news.html

Hope it's true...

Paul
VMOA #40

I hope so too.....article doesn't mention anything not already known. I give it a 10% chance of happening.

:clapping: :banana: :cheers: :th_image003: :th_image003: :th_image003: :ryb: :Nixon: :th_party33: :peace out bike:

Nuff said!!!

In order to do that, I think they get taxed out the whazoo.

I'm also really hoping the news it accurate. I was really dissapointed that when the int. Motorcycle Show came here to Ga, that they didn't put the prototype out. When I asked about it, the yamaha rep just shugged his shoulders. They did have a current Max on display and I ended up talking to several folks about it as they were interested and since the Rep's also didn't want to talk much about it, I did.

Well I read everything the R&R site had on the new Max and don't see where they can positively state anything. Just more of the same :confused2: .

Well I read everything the R&R site had on the new Max and don't see where they can positively state anything. Just more of the same :confused2: .
Maybe they are trying to force Yamahas hand. Get enough people believing it will be out next year and yamaha could face major losses if it doesn't.

I hope we get the ones with the Yamaha badge on it down here instead of the star emblem.

As I see it, there are two possibilities. Either they will produce it or not. If they won't produce it, there's nothing more to say. If they do produce it, the reason they are so damn tight-lipped about it is because they still have an inventory of the old model to sell. Parts of Europe would like for Yamaha to hold up on production because they bought an over abundance of MT-01s and are afraid they will get stuck with them if the new Max appears. Other than those two possibilities, I can't see why the factory is hesitating to even acknowledge it's production?

Back