2011 economy predictions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
in my opinion.

gas is gonna hit USD$4.00+ per gallon, small businesses arent going to be profitable, we're gonna have another unemployment spike, which will in turn cause the housing market bubble... to pop... again(srsly they need to stop inflating it and just let it pop already >.<).

and 2011 will be the worst year yet since this all started.

i think 4.29 was the highest i saw it here in 08.

prices went up on everything when gas hit 4.00/gallon last time, but when it popped down to 1.19/gal, prices didnt go back down... LOL

well now its gonna inflate again, and prices are going to go even higher.

1 in 10 people around you are on unemployment right now, and that doesnt count all the other people that are underemployed/underpaid, or only working part time.

we need to start making stuff here again, and fast!

The good old days are over, we have been sold out by politicians and big corporations, and the only jobs are fighting wars for empire that will bankrupt us very soon.

My advice, stay out of debt and buy a few guns and lots of ammo and stock up on food.

BY-BY U.S. as we knew it.

if gas hits 4.00+ a gallon this summer i wont be putting many miles on :( it'll just be a luxury if anything.

16 dollars to fill a bike up cmon :(

I heard on the news tonight that gas may hit $5/ gal by this summer. I'm gonna have to revise my fuel money calculations for my trips this summer. I hope I hit the lottery soon!:biglaugh:

:biglaugh:ONLY $5 a gallon?

Luxury!

We are currently paying $7.30 a gallon and I'm pleased to be able to report that gravity has not stopped and the sun still rises every day.

Not only that but the annual mileage traveled by the motorist has not changed significantly in decades.

And whilst we all moan about the politicians (myself included) it seems that it is always someone else who voted them in and it is, in part, our unrealistic expectations that fuel their actions.

MM's prediction for next year is that life for the majority will go on pretty much the same as this year, the offerings on the television will still be cr*p and that English teams and sports persons will win every world title and trophy in the world.
(One of my predictions is probably wrong - can you spot which one it is?)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:ONLY $5 a gallon?

Luxury!

We are currently paying $7.30 a gallon and I'm pleased to be able to report that gravity has not stopped and the sun still rises every day.

Not only that but the annual mileage traveled by the motorist has not changed significantly in decades.

And whilst we all moan about the politicians (myself included) it seems that it is always someone else who voted them in and it is, in part, our unrealistic expectations that fuel their actions.

MM's prediction for next year is that life for the majority will go on pretty much the same as this year, the offerings on the television will still be cr*p and that English teams and sports persons will win every world title and trophy in the world.
(One of my predictions is probably wrong - can you spot which one it is?)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! :biglaugh:
I was waiting to hear from someone over the pond on the gas price. :rofl_200:

The last time gas went up people were trending towards better gas mileage vehicles. Once the prices went down they bought their SUVs again. Most of the vehicles on the road that I see around where I live get around single digits in the city - huge trucks/SUVs. If people were really worried about the gas prices I would think they would change their driving habits but they don't. Instead they complain about it on the news standing alongside their huge gas guzzling SUV (anyone ever see these interviews on the news...kind of ironic). I hope I'm not offending people who have these vehicles...I'm not intending to. I'm just saying that if you want to drive them then you'll need to adjust your budget somewhere else. Gas prices in the US has been low for a while, but the trend is going up. Europe has dealt with high gas prices for a long time...they seem to get by pretty well.

My prediction for the year (more of a grand hope for the year) is we all start thinking about life in a positive way again. Everything - news, conversations, online blogs has been so doom and gloom. It's like the US has lost it's way.

My grandparents came over to the US in the 20s/30s on a boat with nothing to their name and they couldn't speak any English. They learned the language and they made it while being happy with what they had. I'm sure many others in the US have grandparents or great-grandparents that did the exact same thing. I keep thinking what that would have been like and it helps me to see that things are not always as bad as they seem. It just helps to be positive.

Make a difference each day with what you can control/influence and within your community(ies). We can't control the world/politics but we can influence the impact it has on us.

You are 100% correct!!

Tightening up the borders isn't a bad idea either....IMO!

How about becoming self sufficient and doing some serious drilling / mining for oil ???????????????? How is that Federal organization established decades ago to get us off foreign oil coming along and how much has that cost us ?
:bang head::bang head::bang head:

How about becoming self sufficient and doing some serious drilling / mining for oil ???????????????? How is that Federal organization established decades ago to get us off foreign oil coming along and how much has that cost us ?
:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Hell, we don't even have to drill Rollie, they already know where the largest reserve in the world is located....right under the Rocky Mtns....!

Give the recovery companies tax breaks, incentives....whatever it takes.... to get them interested in going after it!

Obama certainly knows how to spend money, throw a few trillion in that direction....it will actually pay off!!

Jeez, I just thought....you don't suppose "the powers that be" aren't really interested in having a nearly endless supply of domestic oil, do you?......Nah, that can't be!!

I'm doing what I can... I run an IT Managed Services and recruiting company. We've canceled a total of 324 H1B visas this year and restaffed with in-sourced, local citizens in businesses all over the Houston area and Texas. I think a lot of companies are starting to realize cheap, foreign labor does cost more over time (lower quality work, more resources needed, etc)

You know your doing a good job when the Indian Consulate calls you up and chews you out ;)

You are 100% correct!!

Tightening up the borders isn't a bad idea either....IMO!

I've thought of a very effective way to fight illegal immigration. Require money order vendors to validate a State DL, ID or if those aren't present, work permit/passport prior to sale. Also, make it illegal to fence money for an illegal alien. This could potentially put a huge hamper on the illegals and drastically slow the outflow of untaxed currency. Sure, some people would then set up fences for illegals, taking their money and doing the sending themselves (for a cut) but the number of people that could fence would be far fewer than the now readily available money order shops in every gas station, and it definitely would easier for the Fed to spot and track fencing operations.

Thoughts?

I'm doing what I can... I run an IT Managed Services and recruiting company. We've canceled a total of 324 H1B visas this year and restaffed with in-sourced, local citizens in businesses all over the Houston area and Texas. I think a lot of companies are starting to realize cheap, foreign labor does cost more over time (lower quality work, more resources needed, etc)

You know your doing a good job when the Indian Consulate calls you up and chews you out ;)

youre my hero. i fist pumped when i read that.

and to the guy across the pond. true gas is high over there, but look at how we use it. i think the closest bus other than a school bus is 45-60 miles away. almost all of us drive over here and several miles a day. to get a license they just check your eyes and check your pulse. lol

we dont have any taxis unless you count the wrecker service. its so expensive to live in bigger towns and cities out here in the west and midwest that you have to live in smaller towns 20-40 miles away from where you work. and if you want a good paying job you have to drive 60+ miles to work. and for people making less then 10 or 11 dollhairs per hour thats a large % of your income.

ill give you a town for example, westport, has a couple thousand citizens, but for businesses all it has is a pizza place, a bank branch, 2 gas stations, and a bakery. and theyre all ma and pa but the bank branch lol.

so youve got 2k people, and 25 jobs total. everyone has to drive. and when your pay checks are only 270-350 week after tax, dropping 100(assuming 4.00/gal) of that just on gas really sucks. every month youre spending more on gas than your apartment/house most likely.

but when it fell to a buck and a qrtr for example it was a minor expense again, and i think everyone had a little change in their pocket goin jing a ling a ling.

and it's all trickle down from there. take 100 dollars away from everyone that works, spend it/invest it on absolutely nothing... and a family cant go out on a movie night, someone cant pay to get their car fixed. someone cant go to where you work and spend some cash. and we're all affected.

i truly think our dependence on oil, and gas hitting 4.29 a gallon in 08, caused alot of the inflation on commodities and food and other everyday things, that caused a lot of businesses to not be competitive and go out of business/lay off, causing unemployment... which caused the housing market to crash finally.

if it hits 5 a gallon i think everyone's gonna be hurtin over here, and the governments gonna have to step in.

my friend was at some party and he was playing cornhole with a rich guy and they got to talkin about what they did for a living, and the guy said he worked for a small company that designed an engine that runs on exhaust fumes or some shit (he was drunk so cant remember the details) but apparently the government bought the whole place, all the prototypes, and all the designs for several million dollars. i guess the guy looked to be in his late 30s and was already retired.

so that makes you wonder just how much money the governments making on this... and why did hilary clinton want to drop federal tax off of gasoline sales? theres no way she could get that voted in... hmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoB4BS7CGAw

:clapping:

That's what it takes to make an influence. Imagine if large amounts of other domestic companies were doing the same thing...the positive effects would ripple.

I think companies are starting to see the costs they save on the spreadsheet hurts them in the long run in regards to their reputations. Companies are starting to move towards having things made back in the US as well.

My prediction , though cynical , is that greed and corruption with continue and actually grow because 'we the people' are doing nothing about it . This is the exact response Washington has been hopeing for and 'we the people' are falling right in line for them .

The powers that be are bringing in a global economy run by big business who have one foot in the door to start running entire countries . Do your homework and follow the money trail...:damn angry:

As the song says ' America , Fuck Yeah ! '...

With those blow money packages the last couple years for mostly nothing and printing over another half tril recently, I think we are in for a serious ride. Studied a bit on this yesterday. Most countries all are having some serious financial probs. China is buying up gold and silver. Was reading the deficit clocks also. Interesting. Our clock is not in reverse, for sure. Seems it might be true that there are powers to be that want to trash this country's sovereignty and usher in a world gov't. Who knows, maybe those end times are a com'n. Sure is quite a few circumstances coming together. What I will never understand is not securing the country. Terrorists, gangs, dope and welshers flood across every day. There is a reason. And yes, we have oil supplies. That is another good question, as to why we pay out to some of our best enemies instead of helping ourselves.

Water is the one thing you'll need when it's all said and done. When it comes to that being in short supply, we're :Flush000:..... Beyond Help.....

Sheeet...I've been hearing the "Sky is falling" since I can remember. Got out of the military in '81 (my last year in, I qualified for earned income credit becasue the miliatry pay for an E5 was under the poverty line)....my first mortgage was @ 12.5% and gas prices were a bitch then too, though not the lines of the 70's.....today military pay is pretty damn good and a mortgage is still damn low; people will still bitch, politicians will still talk about the other party "they did it", and all along, we continue to "d-"evovle into the gotta have it now, can't afford to save(?), play hard and maybe work for it populace that must have a lot of grandparents rolling over in their graves...... The earth is not melting down, nor coming to an end in 2012 (though if it were I'm sure we'd have a reality star idiot try to get thier 15 minutes of fame on it). Mother Nature will just adapt and overcome as will we...at least someone will, the smart, the tough, the hungry (survival of the fittest).......ME? I'm gonna ride like there's no tomorrow and enjoy today like I did yesterday...still working my ass off for the opportunity...still experiencing new technologies and still buying petro for my V-MAX beast! long live the V-MAX :) or what ever comes next..... :)

i think we're all gonna be here for 2013, and i think we'll always have fuel. but we dont wanna take a huge standard of living cut :( with the way prices are now you cant buy a house without inheriting money or financing it. youd be 55 years old before you could buy one.

credit is what i think made the housing market inflate, it was just too easy to get, and the interest was too low. everyone was buying houses, supply and demand.

now you have almost no demand, but people dont wanna drop their prices on the house(a lot cant, and the people that can, the profit is literally their retirement)

what they say about my generation(im 21) is that 30 is the new 20. its sad but true.

LOL MAttness.....just add children and you're now entering the "tunnel"....me I'm out of the tunnel...all the toy's I buy are for me, now.

funny about the mortgage.....was a time a person HAD to have 20% to even think about a home purchase.....nowadays, folks expcet to have a "home" before 30 withoput a down....I hadthis discussion with some of my employees...I began talking about cost of living, budget expectaions and rental requirmetns...the younger ones were insulted I would expect an enrty level employee would be renting (instead of owning).... it was an eye opening conversation....how times have changed, and yet it still the same.... LOL

Latest posts

Back