2011 with 650 miles new ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucard

Reaction score
Ok, local bike shop has a new 2011 that I want but.... It has over 650 miles. Sales guy said GM takes it home every now and again. Umm ya did I mention they wanted msrp?! So what would be fair to offer them ? Any tips are welcome.

New cars drastically drop in price as soon as the drive off the lot, so motorcycles shouldn't be any different.
650miles is far from a test ride. I'd say $3 but no less than $2 per mile discount with full warranty and any extentions if offered.

Also if your pre-approved for the loan on the bike, bring the paperwork, it will make haggling that much easier if they now they can make the sale that day, I brought in $10.5k cash, it was the easiest purchase that I've ever done.

Mine had 4 miles on the clock when I bought it. I know who rode it and why. (The owner of the dealership, testing after assembly.) I picked it up for $9900 (its an '07 not a Gen II).

I could have bought a new 0 mile VMax earlier this year for 20,229.00 out the door. Having 650 or so miles would seem
to make the bike a demo model. I would try hard for $18,000-18,500 out the door. They rode it, they should eat some of
the price, it's not new any more...

Dave

PS: Welcome to the forum....

I was told by a GeneralMotors employee that here in Michigan, after so many miles (not sure what the exact number is) the car HAS to be sold as a "DEMO" and is reflected on the sales paperworkand the title. This might change your insurance rates or at a minimum lower the sales cost because it is technically a "USED" vehicle. Best of luck.....

Thanks for the info guys. Ill go in and see what I can get done. The sales rep I talked to said I should get the used price, here is hoping lol

I paid $18,400 out the door for my ZERO mile 2010. I would offer them at best $18,000, at best.....
You can buy low mile 09's for mid 14's currently.

Ive got a line(a rope) on a 010 in the create,for $16850 when Im ready :biglaugh:.

It's a demo im my book and I would not pay top dollar for it no matter how bad I wanted it. You can bet everyone that threw a leg over it ran the hell out of it joy riding and thats just not the way I would break a new bike in. just my .02 cents

Break In on a GenII hard is not an issue at all... That is the general consensus, break it in like you ride it. No issues with that at all. Don't let that scare you....

just an fyi, when a bike or car or whatever is built, the last step on the assembly line is to start it up and redline it.

modern machining and tolerances are so tight that you almost cant blow one up unless you really thrash it... like burning out with a flat tire or something

i just let it warm up until it has at least one tick on the heat gauge, then take it out and go easy on it for a few miles until its fully heated up and let her eat.

I paid $18,400 out the door for my ZERO mile 2010. I would offer them at best $18,000, at best.....
You can buy low mile 09's for mid 14's currently.

Definately either a used or demo price and should be a good reduction off the MSRP price. Haggle on it, they will deal being its USED!

As to the '09's, they are going from around 11k to 14k. One with 600 miles just sold for just under 11k. The deals are there...just wait for them!

Latest posts

Back