240 wheel questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
tried to post on the starvmax site but it appears to be down. so ill ask here. can a tire larger than a 240 40 18 be mounted on the wider rim and clear the swingarm? and the install of the 240 requires the removal of the swingarm inspection cover-what are guys or gals running the 240 doing to correct this? thanks for the help

regards odieoh24

A 240 is the max size w/o a swingarm c/o. It's extremely close.

I think most people simply run their 240s with an open inspection hole. I know I do. I regrease the splines with each tire c/o.

is anyone running the ufo lowering link with the 240 wheel? i purchased the link off the parts for sale section a while ago. waiting to install when the new exhaust and other parts from exactrep show up, and the new 240 wheel is sitting at fedex waiting to be picked up monday!! i gotta have all the answers for the guys at the shop cuz they aint to bright without a little help lol. theyve got a pretty good handle on the old gen one mods but its gonna be a whole new learning curve with the gen 2. especially as the modifications progress.

peace
odieoh24

I have the UFO lowering link and a 240. Absolutely no problems for me. However I do no two up riding and I weigh 150 lbs. plus my suspension is set stiff
Rick

There have been issues with rubbing with a 2" lowering link. The 1" has not been a problem as far as I know.

The Starsite is not down.....they have added some stricter spam controls. If you can't post there let me know what you are posting from (PC, phone) and what browser you're using and I'll tell the site owner.

The 240 will rub if you ride with 2 people and the shock setting is maxed out it will still rub.
If you are doing a 240 they will have to order a wrench from yamaha to tighten up a special nut or you can use your imagination and mechanical knowledge to figure it out. Hope this helps.

Back