2nd gen seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVMAX

Reaction score
Ok all you experienced maxers. I was able to make a deal for a 09 max. I am picking it up this weekend. My question is about the stock seats. I had a 2000 max I traded in but did install Corbin seats which was the most butt blessing experience. How are the stock seats riding on the 2nd gen's. Does it need upgraded? any help or suggestions would be welcomed.

Hey JVMAX,
I found the Gen2 seat too wide in the front which tended to make my legs a little too uncomfortable while riding. Got the narrow cut Corbin seat for the Gen2 - I believe Holeshot is selling a version of it too - late last summer which helps a lot for me. Also using Rick (Twistedmax) Porier's "MaxRelaxer" highway bars to make cruising that much better now that I have some place to hang my feet on.

This is mine after I cut it down, like Jeff said ,its really wide in the front/thigh area, and the MAXRELAXERS do help in the comfort because they change the angle of your pelvis.

Attachments

• 402290_362565917105354_167347485_n gen II side by side.jpg
    402290_362565917105354_167347485_n gen II side by side.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-09-20_18-29-30_999.jpg
    2012-09-20_18-29-30_999.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 100
We make a seat conversion as well. Not as much room to work with as the gen 1 gives up but our customers have been happy with the change anyway.

This is mine after I cut it down, like Jeff said ,its really wide in the front/thigh area, and the MAXRELAXERS do help in the comfort because they change the angle of your pelvis.

Are them those new Bates riding socks I've been hearing about? :biglaugh:

Hey JVMAX,
I found the Gen2 seat too wide in the front which tended to make my legs a little too uncomfortable while riding. Got the narrow cut Corbin seat for the Gen2 - I believe Holeshot is selling a version of it too - late last summer which helps a lot for me. Also using Rick (Twistedmax) Porier's "MaxRelaxer" highway bars to make cruising that much better now that I have some place to hang my feet on.

where did you get the short backrest? I also see your pics that showed it higher on some kind of bracket. are they the same? Is your "passenger" portion of seat, corbin? please advise, thanks, jeff

JVMAX,
the short backrest and rail are two different pieces and are Star OEM accessories; they came on the bike when I purchased it second hand. EBay has them from time to time or you can order one from a dealer. The rail is also available in black if I remember correctly. I don't expect to have any passangers riding with me so the short / OEM one I have is fine and I like the look of it too. I don't have a corbin passanger seat but they do make one. Check out the corbin site for pics.

There is someone on the StarVMax site - I believe it's "Mattness" that makes a custom backrest for the Gen2 that's higher than the stock one, and looks good too, that others have written they like.

Back