3 out of 4 carbs are seeping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

des max

Reaction score
hey guys this is my first post. I'm a new member and I've owned my 2000 vmax for about 2 months. the vmax has been my dream bike since I started riding at 18 with that dream finally coming to fruition in the last couple months. with that being said I discovered recently that it looks like 3 out of 4 carbs are seeping gas from somewhere I was not able to find an obvious drip or anything like that. it seems to be coming from somewhere up high as most of the carb is damp on the 3 that are leaking. my question is is there a common area or something like that where the carbs leak from up high. the bike has about 24,400 miles on it I purchased it from a dealership in town after riding around on it for a day or two I noticed this and promptly took it back for them to fix. they told me that there was a screw loose (didn't say which one) but they also replaced gaskets because they were there (didn't say which ones) they did this for free and it seemed to fix it until now. please help I can't afford to take it in and pay for them to fix it any help would be greatly appreciated

The loose screw that they were talking about is probably the drain screw. But yes.....if you can.....can you post pics?

Sounds like one of the fuel supply line connections (weak clamps, cracked hose), top plugs for the float needles or a sticking float(s) allowing fuel out the air jets or bowl vents.

hey guys thanks for the responses here are some pictures. I hope they help the only camera I own is on my phone so forgive the quality of them. thanks again for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 35
for some reason I'm only able to do one picture at a time so bear with me as I get them up here so may see quite a few responses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 23
for some reason I'm only able to do one picture at a time so bear with me as I get them up here so may see quite a few responses

That top screw is the drain screw. I wonder if the O-ring behind that screw is bad?

that's what I'm wondering as well. the pictures are uploading strange I have a few more ill try to get uploaded here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
do you know where I can get some o rings that will fit?

I know that Dannymax sells them. I would loosen the the drain screw (fuel will come out the vent tubes), and pull the screw and look at the condition of the o-ring.

Latest posts

Back