4 into 1 jetting & filter question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
well that damn mod monkey keeps making me spend more and more money. so, i no longer want to ride with my stock exhaust anymore and am hoping to go with a 4 into 1 exhaust sooner or later. heres my question. i live at 2700 feet above sea level. if i go with a 4 into 1 exhaust, will i need to re-jet from stock and if i do what should i jet to? should i go with a single K&N filter or 4 individual filters or is the stock filter sufficient? if i do upgrade the filter, will that affect the jet setting?

i see lots of folks talking about morleys jet stuff and a stage 7 or something... i would like to go as cheap as possible (if thats possible)

i was going to get a used 4 into 1 kerker but, i may have my wife talked into letting me spend some income tax money on a S.S. marks 4 into 1. do i need to re-jet the bike right away or can i hold off till i save up the money for the jet kit?

thanks in advance for the info guys.

give sean a call great guy to deal with . I have a kerker with a comp baffel and morley jet kit my bike ran rich before the jet kit

You can put the header on and it will work fine. But, you can maximize the potential with the jet kit added. However, on a budget you can do it in increments without any problems. I've even got a few used systems we have up for sale.

Sean

I live in PA not too far from you. I ran my marks 4-2 with the carbs stock for awhile. It ran fine but I noticed a little lean popping in the midrange and it was a little rich up top.

Cheapest way around it and still jetting it right would be to buy some needle shims to richen up the midrange and some mains to lean out the top end. 1 or two shims per needle and 147.5 or 150 mains should do the trick. Stock airbox/filter would be fine.

You get a bit more power out of a stg 7 or morleys kit but its not absolutely needed if you swap exhuast.

IMHO , if changing out the stock exhaust to aftermarket , Kerker - Marks - HMF - UFO or whatever , upgrade the carbs at the same time. Stage 7 or Morleys Jet Kit are highly recommended. Don't be afraid to spend the $ now , you'll just HAVE to do it later anyway , and just tune it once.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back