86vmax battery or charging issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK all i will admit I AM RETARDED. I figured it out last night. It had nothing to do with the charging system or the battery. God im suck a moron. It was so simple too. The fuel filter was clogged. Thats it $3.88 and about 4 minutes worth of time. Thought it was the battery cause apparently when thses things are hot the dont like to start all that well and espcially when theres no fuel....... See MORON. o well live and learn. i just bought the bike. and never changed it. Again to all that have tried to help me.
THANK YOU.

I learned to always start my Max in neutral and it has far less problems with hot start issues. The starter doesn't have to turn the tranny or fight the clutch that way.

If your fuel filter is plugged that baddly you had better check the condition of the inside of your fuel tank.The 86 I just got had a tank just covered on the inside with rust,and i'm talking about large chunks of rust in there.I've got a new tank on the way,you should really check yours.Good luck

OK all i will admit I AM RETARDED. I figured it out last night. It had nothing to do with the charging system or the battery. God im such a moron. It was so simple too. The fuel filter was clogged. Thats it $3.88 and about 4 minutes worth of time. Thought it was the battery cause apparently when thses things are hot the dont like to start all that well and espcially when theres no fuel....... See MORON. o well live and learn. i just bought the bike. and never changed it. Again to all that have tried to help me.
THANK YOU.

Don't be so hard on yourself, everything is a learning experience in life. The VMax can be a frustrating learning curve as the symptoms can be a problem with quite a few different systems. The main thing is your Max is up and running. :cheers: Dave brought up a good point about plugged filters. See what is plugging it up. If it is rust, then check out your tank next.

Latest posts

Back