9.43@142mph!!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Reaction score
"The only VMAX in the UK was unofficially tested today at Bruntingthorpe proving ground in Northamptonshire and over the qtr mile with a 10.5 stone rider the best time it achieved was 9.43@142mph measured with Datron timing equipment":punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Thats a direct quote from the phone conversation I just had with a freelance motojourno I know who was there at the proving ground on another job (cars).

Was the Max in the 'stock' config? (Set up the same as the ones that will hit the showroom floor?) I only ask because there can be lots of monkeying done with electronics, as you know, to help bump the hp/torque.

FYI, 10.5 stone = 147 lbs.

Was the Max in the 'stock' config? (Set up the same as the ones that will hit the showroom floor?) I only ask because there can be lots of monkeying done with electronics, as you know, to help bump the hp/torque.

FYI, 10.5 stone = 147 lbs.

+1 Jayhawk. A ringer was used to test the '85.

Yeah, if it's legit then that's pretty damn fast for a porker.

LOL, this may be the Suzuki in you talking, I guess we'll find out soon!

Haha not at all. I'm not biased one way or the other. I'm a realist, not a purist.

There was an article about an 85 running 9's with nothing more than a carb kit and header/pipe combo. How many do you see doing this? The 1st Gen also was supposed to net a 10.85 stock. How many do you see doing it?

I hope I'm wrong about the Gen II I really do, I'm just a realist though, and doubt something that heavy, with the amount of HP advertised is gonna lay down a mid 9.

There was an article about an 85 running 9's with nothing more than a carb kit and header/pipe combo. How many do you see doing this?

With a slick and spoked wheels from Kosman... That included custom tuning from Kerker and Dynojet too.

To be honest I expect the Gen2 Hayabusa to be slightly faster than the new Max stock for stock. Most of those are running high nines with a skilled rider. Consider the Busa is lighter, chain driven, has better aerodynamics, same hp and is only 10-15 ftlbs of torque shy of the Max. I want the new Max to be the fastest as much as the next guy but lets be realistic.

With a slick and spoked wheels from Kosman... That included custom tuning from Kerker and Dynojet too.

That didn't make much more HP than my 93.......

My point is just because one bike did it, doesn't mean it isn't a ringer or something of the sort. Where are all the stock 1st Gen's runnin' high 10's at!?

I'm not hatin' at all, I hope they all do it. Shit I may end up forking out the dough for one then. Realistically though, Joe Schmoe isn't going to jump on one and hit even low 10's I would bet. 680lbs, 197 FLYWHEEL HP putting down in the 160's to the tire running those numbers? Let's be a little realistic. ;) A 1st Gen 'Busa with a pipe and programmer is putting in the low 160's for HP and stretched/lowered bikes with real guy's on 'em are runnin' mid to high 9's for reference.

Last edited:
To be honest I expect the Gen2 Hayabusa to be slightly faster than the new Max stock for stock. Most of those are running high nines with a skilled rider. Consider the Busa is lighter, chain driven, has better aerodynamics, same hp and is only 10-15 ftlbs of torque shy of the Max. I want the new Max to be the fastest as much as the next guy but lets be realistic.

I expect the Gen III Max to be slightly faster than the Gen II Hayabusa. Don't even get me started on the Gen IV Max. Now that will be one serious bike but only slightly faster than the Gen III Hayabusa. :th_tongue:

lol haters from the Suzuki crowd. The problem with the older vmaxes getting good times is the average weight on this forum is probably in the 225 to 250 area lol(I am not helping either.) I watched a couple of old dudes on slightly modified ZX14's run 11's on Pass Time last night :bang head: I have seen a bunch of hyabusa guy's run 10's no 9's on a stocker unless they were a pro.

Everyone will think their ride is the fastest, most powerful, best looking king of the road on the planet. You line up an '09 Max, Busa, B-King, Ninja, moped or whatever, you will see me bowing before the almighty Max :worthy: - no question about it. Whether it's the quickest or not, it's my choice of ride. And I'd be willing to bet that more people are going to flock to the Max moreso than any other bike and they will either say "Wow, that is one ugly mofo" - or I'm sure the majority of the people will say "Holy shit, are you suicidal?" But that's just my opinion. I'm sure you Suzuki owners feel the same about your ride, and that's the way it should be - love what you ride and who gives a rats ass what anybody else thinks!! :biglaugh:

I expect the Gen III Max to be slightly faster than the Gen II Hayabusa. Don't even get me started on the Gen IV Max. Now that will be one serious bike but only slightly faster than the Gen III Hayabusa. :th_tongue:

LOL.... can you really wait until 2033 for the Gen III Max? :biglaugh:

I could be wrong but I'd guess someone is in the process of buying a new Max and took offense to my estimations? :confused2:

A 1st Gen 'Busa with a pipe and programmer is putting in the low 160's for HP and stretched/lowered bikes with real guy's on 'em are runnin' mid to high 9's for reference.

stretched/lowered bikes?
with real guy's on 'em ?

ok thats a reference point but 160hp in a 550 pound bike is equivalent to 200hp in 650 pound bike.... 10pounds equals one hp from what i remember...and the hayabusa weight is dry while the new max is a wet weight.

but leaving out the stretched/lowered aspects.... which are done so you can launch the thing..... the stock bike just dosent leave as easily as the max does....that becoming more apparent from the tests....the new max will leave the line much easier with less skill..... i dont recall andy magazine test of any year hayabusa with a 9.43 stock time...... but id like to see if there is one...can anyone find one form the magazines?

I'm not going to debate this a whole lot, as I'm on a site that's going to be a little biased obviously haha. I'm not a "Suzuki guy" as this will be the last Suzuki I own as it's a turd reliability wise. You could insert ZX14 into a lot of my posts instead of the 'Busa.

There is more than a 100lb difference between the new Max and a 'Busa. My point in throwing out the lowered and stretched bikes is that it is easier to launch the bike due to those reasons, and they are in the real world only running mid to high 9's with real world riders on 'em.

What tests of the Gen II Max are you refering to? Shaft drive bikes by design don't launch well as they take the weight off the rear tire. They also rob more HP than chain drive bikes.

My point, with a much heavier bike that doesn't leave as well off the line due to shaft drive with what I would bet close to the same RWP won't run these numbers real world. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Back