BKing 200+ mph

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still read a BK board, and saw this posted today. The user has a turbo BK, and got a chance to wind it up in the UK:

Today saw the first top speed event here in the UK held at RAF Honington air base.It is a measured mile from a standing start.

Most bikes are either Hayabusa's or ZX12R's with either turbo's/superchargers or big bore kits..........and my turbo B King.

Previously the best i have ever run last year was 199 mph......struggling with a restrictive exhaust and still running a standard wheelbase.Over the winter i invested in a bigger bore full system(we have strict noise regs here in the UK),longer swing arm and custom rear shock.

So with the bike 5" longer plus lowering it by 3 " we had to do the customary first run limited to 150mph......to prove to the organisers that you can handle a bike.The bike felt really good so deceided to throw caution to the wind on my first proper run.

So i gave it some stick off the line,spinning up into 3rd and got tucked in......well as good as you can on a B King(i'm 6ft 4").Half way down the track a side wind caught me out so i throttled off for a few seconds as the front went very light and messy, then back on with the power till i crossed the line at 9500 revs in 6th.

At the other end of the track i collected my timing ticket................................ 209.45 MPH !!!!!!!

This guy is getting over 500hp out of his BK. I can't fathom the wind blast at that speed. Yikes.

That's one fast Burger King....I hit 140 on the Max and think I'm really haulin'ass, all scrunched down behind the flyscreen trying to avoid death wobble. Can't imagine 200+ on a bike.

Oh the wobbles, some many memories. When I was young on Dads '95 I couldnt get it over 125 without it just shaking all to hell. Bike or me only weighing a buck fifty at most, only once did I hit 135. And that was the mark for almost ten yrs until I got the R1. Oh ya boyyy!!!! That booger would get it. 186mph was the best I saw on the digital speedo. That R1 is unshakable. The fucking thing goes around the S turns on the local freeways at 160 no problem.

As for the Vmax's top end. On my '94 with only an S7 and suppertrapps. And smaller tires. I dont remember the numbers but I think there down one size on both. Ive hit 150 flat many times. 140-145 is average though.

Wobbles at speed are not fun. But overcomeble. Dont forget that.

Wobbles at speed are not fun. But overcomable. Don't forget that.

I guess I should agree with you because I'm still alive.

But man, I had quite a few pants-shitting moments when my steering bearings were worn, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I really was way too close to losing it, and even if it was at 'only' 120-130mph, it still scared the shit out of me!

That one time I hit 140 hasn't happened again. Granted, I don't get an opportunity to really let it wind out that often, but typically I start getting a bit of weave anywhere around 110-130. Sometimes if I let off the gas, let it straighten out, then hit it again it will speed up and not wobble for a bit.

I still need to check my head bearing, I'm pretty sure it's loose. And get rid of the super POS Avon tire on the back.

Top speed is fun, but the "jeeeeeeez" inducing acceleration on demand any time is why I love the Max. It can liven up an otherwise slow, boring drive.

Sometimes if I let off the gas, let it straighten out, then hit it again it will speed up and not wobble for a bit.

I still need to check my head bearing, I'm pretty sure its lose.

Exactly. You got it right. Let off and get back on it. And for the bearings, check em out and clean up or replace. But all you may need to do is TIGHTEN the SHIT out of it!!!!!!! You can do that with just a flat haed and a hammer without taking anything apart. Oh and a wrench for the head nut. Makes a difference.

Ive gotten props from a Busa that saw me coming down the hill behind him at Mach 1 and treid to do a roll on to run with me and COULDNT. At the end of the road he said, "damn that things FAST! Tried to roll on anc catch ya but couldnt." then another Busa says, "ya, VMAX baby!!"

And if you saw the Vid of me out in hills its the second Busa from previously quoted text that has the cameras on his bike. And the road Im on is the same one Yamaha or one of the Mags to the '09 to make a demo Vid. Wish I would of known. Id would of challenged him.

Back