• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale '92 Max for sale all or parts due to Hurricane Ian flooding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieW

Reaction score
My '92 is for sale, all or part out due to being flooded by Hurricane Ian. I have carb set that was off the bike and on a high shelf that were rebuilt by DannyMax and never reinstalled. The rest of the bike was victim to 4 feet of storm surge and I haven't had time to deal with it as the house had 4 feet inside it. Now we'll be moving and selling the house as-is. I'll have to search for some pre-flood pictures if needed but the profile pic is all I know I have for sure. Body panels have been repainted and have no damage, windshield is fine, etc. It has a '06 seat. I really don't know what it's worth but figured I'd put it on here before going to salvage yard.

Charlie, we live in the same city. Firemedic reached out to you first but if he passes, I am local and probably the biggest hoarder of Gen Vmax crap in all Lee county. Firemedic should know not to “ pick” my backyard ! LOL. Sorry Phil, I had to.

With new Yamaha parts, that's less than what the parts bill would cost these days. OEM Yamaha slides with integral diaphragms, and all the O-rings and gaskets and needle valves/seats would run you more than that. With dannymax's work, bolt-on & go, that is fair. Not inexpensive but done right, OEM parts, and no fussing with crummy reproduction parts.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/50043308f8700209bc78b4f6/carburetor
Diaphragm Assy (4 required)

1FK-14940-09-00

Retail Price: $189.99

Your Price: $148.93
----------------------------
Needle Valve Assy (4 required)

1FK-14190-15-00

Retail Price: $31.99

Your Price: $29.12
Gasket (Jet block) (4 required)

3JB-14199-00-00

Retail Price: $23.99

Your Price: $17.81

K&L makes OEM-quality parts and are suppliers to Japanese manufacturers. These kits are about $31 each from a dealer like Dennis Kirk. Then there's shipping.

https://www.denniskirk.com/k-and-l/...erm=4585100934281221&utm_content=All+Products
VMax carb kit.jpgVMax carb kit K-L labelled.png

Add that up and see what your price would be before paying for one of the most experienced CV carb builders out there, who specializes on our bikes.

Last edited:
That's a fair deal I'm thinking about it, so would these bolt right up to my 85, are they stock jetting or what

Wow that's a nice sounding Max, how is it you get them to run so well without any air filter, can someone send me a link how to pay for these if I decide to buy them, I have to run it by my wife first and that's the tricky part

I wish you wouldn't have shown me that video now I really want them I was thinking about my sending my carburetors out to Danny Max or someone on here to get them rebuilt

Back