1997 Vmax for Sale or Parting out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimvein

Reaction score
Hey all V-maxers or aspiring V-maxers!:)

I have posted a while ago about my V-max getting into an accident. Well, I got a price quote from Del Amo Motorsports and it was outrageous!

In case no one know or have heard of them. Del Amo motorsports is located in Redondo Beach , Ca and they are quite a large motorsports shop with a full service technicians and plenty of retail.

Well, they quoted me over $13,000 to fix my $3500 V-max. That is un-believeable and can't for the life of me even consider paying that for it to be fixed.

So, I have a question for you all.

Is ANYONE intersted in a salvaged 1997 V-max for sale or for some parts. I can give a list of what is still usuable or in decent condition. Now in my opinon as well as other mechanics *not from DEL AMO* have said the bike is not that bad.

However, please pass on the word or give comments, feedback or whatever. I can provide quality photos for interested parties.

Thanks
Jace
[email protected]

From the picture shown ( minus the forks , if cooked ) you should be able to fix that puppy for a LOT LESS than what they are quoting you . However , if you should decide to part it , you should be able to on here .

First, hope that you are OK & nothing bad happened to you that hasn't already healed.

I am sure someone may take it as-is if you are able to supply some info about it. If the radiator was replaced, is there anything else which would prevent it from starting & running? By 'running,' I don't mean going down the road, I just mean 'starting the motor and operating thru the rev band as it normally would run. So it hasn't run since Aug 10, only? If you got any insurance $ out of it & don't want to part it out, I bet someone around you will take it. And as "Rollie" said, if you do part it out, you should be able to do that here as well.

If I was in Vegas it would be in my hands already. If you want to fix it your sellf I can sell you the parts vert reasonable. $ 350 for complete forks with triple trees forks also have progressive springs in them & radiator for $ 125 plus shipping on the parts. feel free to call me any time @ 813-270-0000 or email at [email protected]

Seriously, $13k? Someone's smoking crack at the dealership. I've heard some "whopper" quotes for work at stealerships before, but that one takes the cake. I can't imagine what they dreamed needed to be done to reach that princely sum, or more likely they had no interest in doing it, and gave you a "crazy number" to go away.

I'd seriously consider taking it to a different dealer for a "second opinion".

I think you should take a big dump right in their front door and tell them that you were returning the bullshit the previous guy tried to sell you.

Was the accident your fault ? If not , give the estimate to the liable parties insurance co. and ask for a check ! :punk:

looking at the pic off of garrett post, the damage does not look soo bad. for sure want to check that front end but maybe another place give you a better estimate on the repair.

Was the accident your fault ? If not , give the estimate to the liable parties insurance co. and ask for a check ! :punk:

Yes to that. Of course, no one is going to pay that estimate unless you were injured and agree to a quit claim or release of liability.

I can imagine a $13,000 bill if they are replacing the frame, forks, triples and everything else with new parts, plus labor. Genuine replacement parts add up quick. I am sure that you could probably get this one back on the road for not a lot of money as long as the frame is usable.

Hope you came out of the crash ok physically.................

The "steelership" is out of their f-----g mind, and I would have told them so on my way out the door................
They either thought they had a fish on the line, or they just wanted to get you out of their hair with an exorbitant estimate.:confused2:

I paid less than their estimate for "both" my 05 and my 07 Maxs, and both were in like new condition with less than 4,5000 miles each on the clock.
Plus, I got a "free" jacket, helmet, saddle bags & bike cover with the 07, and got a free helmet, and saddlebags with the 05.
And I still had nearly $1,000.00 in the bank!:clapping:

I was offered a brand new 09 Max for $13,500.00, and I didn't even
hassle the dealer about getting it for less.

Jester 42

Back