94 FZR brake master??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Anyone know the size of a 94 FZR1000 EXUP brake master? Reason I ask is because I'm running 94 FZR 6 POTS with a Nissin master. Now it takes a lot of travel to get the good brake pressure I feel it could be better. I thought maybe my clutch and brake nissin masters were ZX7R's so I ordered rebuild kits.. the clutch one was perfect but brake kit was to big.. its a 16mm so I'm thinking mine is a 14mm or 15mm. Im wondering if maybe I should look for a ZX7R master for the bigger diameter so I don't have to squeeze the lever to much to get my power.

Thanks
Matt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The larger the bore the less travel but more effort (and less "feel"). The smaller the bore, the more lever travel but much less effort and better sense of when you are applying too much brake (and getting ready to lock up the brakes).

Sean

The larger the bore the less travel but more effort (and less "feel"). The smaller the bore, the more lever travel but much less effort and better sense of when you are applying too much brake (and getting ready to lock up the brakes).

Sean

ooooooooooo i was thinking larger more less effort. I need to find a rebuild kit for my nissin then. Just to make me feel better. Levers almost touch grips to get the holy shit I gotta stop braking. I just want to rebuild it because its cheap enough.

Also make sure to verify the lever is getting full travel/push on the piston. Some like the Vmax have adjustable screws to set that depth. Of course you don't want any preload which can cause breaks to heat up and lock up.

Sean

Back