'96 Clutch Bleeding Issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
I'm having an issue getting the clutch bled on Memax. The master is honed and rebuilt, and the PO told me the slave was new....which it appears to be, visually at least.

I filled the master with new fluid and Mighty vac'd the fluid down to the bleeder, then removed the vac pump and started to bleed the old fashioned pump & bleed method. The lever started to come up but was weak. I squeeze it 15 - 20 times, hold it to the grip, loosen the bleeder, tighten the bleeder and release the lever. If I loosen the bleeder screw slowly only fluid will come out....if I open the bleeder quickly a slug of air will come shooting out.

I've gone thru a whole bottle of fluid topping up the master and the same thing keeps happening.....there CAN'T be that much air in that system, can there? And if not, where the hell is the air coming from? There are no leaks and the clutch was working fine before I changed masters. (The old master was rashed up)

It appears there is a group of people out there that lie for no apparent reason at all....most folks simply call them liars but we refer to them as 'the fuckin' PO'!

I'm looking at the bike, (remember the place with Broom Hilda screaming out the window "That's a fuckin' slap in the face....no fuckin' way" to my first offer?) When out of the blue, with no prompting or anything the PO says....'this bike has a new slave cylinder.' I thought, that's nice...the bike needs some work but it's cool the slave won't be part of it.

So after dicking around for 2 or 3 days rebuilding the clutch master and trying to get it bled I decide to remove the 'new' slave cylinder. Well, if he put a new slave in he did a masterful job of making it look really old....and those blobs of rust & corrosion....pure genius!! :rofl_200:
The man obviously missed his calling....he should be forging art, or antiques....he's got some real talent there!! :biglaugh:
I'm thinking, why tell me it's got a new slave when it clearly doesn't? :ummm: Man I hate a fuckin' liar! :bang head:

Crap.....I was hoping you didn't have that much issues with the master. So you gonna rebuild slave or chg it completely out Dan-o?

I remember you giving me the advise to not waste time and rebuild the slave unit on v2 and it was best advise I got,worked like a charm.....hey....listen to your inner or outer voice hahahah

Crap.....I was hoping you didn't have that much issues with the master. So you gonna rebuild slave or chg it completely out Dan-o?

I remember you giving me the advise to not waste time and rebuild the slave unit on v2 and it was best advise I got,worked like a charm.....hey....listen to your inner or outer voice hahahah

Well, i kinda took that most excellent of advice.....:whistlin:

I'm not wasting my time rebuilding that rusty ol pos (even tho the po said it was new) but not getting a new one either. Just happened to stumble on one on fleabay w/15k for $39 so i grabbed it.

Probly turn out to need a kit, then in the end be trash....THEN AND ONLY THEN will I take my own advice to heart and actually spring for a brandy new one!! Figure the whole deal shouldn't run me much over $200 - $250 by the time I'm done! :biglaugh: :bang head: :biglaugh:

So what's a new slave....like $60 - $65? I piss myself off sometimes......:damn angry:

I just rebuilt one today after I finally got it off. Some jackass cross threaded the bolt & I like to never got it out. I had to tap it out to a 1/4 20 instead of 6mm but its all good now.

I just rebuilt one today after I finally got it off. Some jackass cross threaded the bolt & I like to never got it out. I had to tap it out to a 1/4 20 instead of 6mm but its all good now.

....and there's so much room to work in down there....AND well lit too! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back