• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

96 Vmax with 6,600 miles!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzlyman

Reaction score
Low mileage Vmax with only 6K miles on the clock. This bike is like a time capsule. Very clean tight bike. The bike needs nothing but a new owner and a strong grip as this machine is a rocket. A true muscle bike. Jardean exhaust. No trades or joy rides, cash in hand. $5,200. PM me for pics as I can't get them to load. I may part out if it dose t sell by Jan 1st.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3094.jpg
    IMG_3094.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I'm wondering what make it's very rare? Low mileage, maybe. Very rare? Don't think so. I think you're going to find the market is pretty down on these bikes right now, I've seen nice examples in the 2-3K range on a regular basis in the midwest, especially during the dead of winter. Regardless, it's a beautiful bike and I wish you luck with your sale!

Unless you're so broke you have to sell your plasma for food money, it would be a damn shame to part that bike out..

I think he's interested in maximizing his $$ return, parting it out is the answer. I was just speaking about this tactic with an 'esteemed member of the forum community. '

Yes, it looks clean. I see the rear exhaust vanity shields on the header pipes are missing, possibly because the bolts that hold them in are snapped-off. Then again, unless you were installing a complete exhaust, instead of just a pair of Jardine slip-on's, (which I've owned, and which don't require removal of the rear exhaust/head vanity covers to install) why would you need to touch the exhaust junction covers for the rear cylinders?

Unless you're so broke you have to sell your plasma for food money, it would be a damn shame to part that bike out..

Fortunately I have never been broke. I buy bikes, ride them, sell them and move on to the next one. I had a severe injury back in September that will keep me off of the bikes for most of 2018. I have a new build project coming in and need the shop space.

I think he's interested in maximizing his $$ return, parting it out is the answer. I was just speaking about this tactic with an 'esteemed member of the forum community. '

Yes, it looks clean. I see the rear exhaust vanity shields on the header pipes are missing, possibly because the bolts that hold them in are snapped-off. Then again, unless you were installing a complete exhaust, instead of just a pair of Jardine slip-on's, (which I've owned, and which don't require removal of the rear exhaust/head vanity covers to install) why would you need to touch the exhaust junction covers for the rear cylinders?

It sits as I got it from the original owner.

The way the market has been lately and being winter, You'd be lucky to get $3000 for this bike. I just bought a 97 with 19,000 for $1500 two weeks ago. I see one in Virginia for $3250...how did you come up with over $5000 for that old of a bike? Surely the market wont bare that price on this bike.

Anyhow good luck with the sale...hate to see a good bike parted for no reason!

I have sold them for more and purchased complete Vmax's for a few hundred. Sorry it bothers you all but damn, it's just a classified ad lol. Plus I have parted out several nice Vmax bikes and made good money doing so. This bike is no different. I buy sell and part out bikes. $$$

Me too. These bikes are worth way more than they're selling for nowadays..

Im with Bill on this, its a great value, a lot of grin for the $. Sure one of the best values in the motorcycling world. I would never sell mine for fair market value, I would have to be on the other side of $5000 to even consider it. I know that means I'm going to have it for a long time to come.

The other way to look at this is when a Vmax (or what ever else) gets parted out it helps keep scads of others on the road. No doubt the gen1 Vmax will be uncommon and clean examples fetching more money, that day just may be a ways off yet. I completely understand parting it out but still hard to see.

Back