A bike wash saved my life

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redux

Reaction score
Well, maybe. I really don't wash my bike with soap and water too often. Usually I just use some Honda Cleaner and call it good. Today however, I just decided to break out the bucket and hose. As I was rinsing the bike off, I noticed that the top bolt holding the left shock absorber looked wierd. Looking closer, it turns out that it was loosening up. It was within a couple of turns from falling out. Having that bolt come out at speed woulda been bad!

At first I was angry at the dealer and/or factory because the bike is only 6 months old. Then I realized that it was MY fault for not taking the maint of my new bike to heart. Just a quick reminder to never take for granted what someone else does to your bike. Mine could have been a much different posting.... From the hospital; if I was lucky.

It is always good to go over the entire bike especially after any work has been done to it, loose bolts , beginnings of a leak, cracked rubber parts.
I make it a habit to wash the bike and inspect it closely during the wash.
First time I washed the bike I also found the shock bolt loose not only that but the shock was installed wrong!
________
vaporizer store

Last edited:
Close call man. First day I had my Max home I went over it with a fine toothed comb. Being that I work on all my toys, knowing that someone else had their grubby hands on my toy causes a massive case of paranoia.

An wash time is a great time to go over things.

Buying used, I would agree. Paying for "new" should get a little attention to detail. Apparently not! We just need to always check up after the "professionals". :red ass:

Well, I may very well try to ride up in the mountains later this morning. After I wake up. I have the day off! It will be the first trip on the Max.

firefly said:
It is always good to go over the entire bike especially after any work has been done to it, loose bolts , beginnings of a leak, cracked rubber parts.
I make it a habit to wash the bike and inspect it closely during the wash.
First time I washed the bike I also found the shock bolt loose not only that but the shock was installed wrong!

This is why I do all my own work.I also blue loctite everything.Did the mechanic that you told us you liked so much do this work for you?

just think, if it were a Harley you would hav to check all those screws and bolts daily

Back