A challenge!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satariel666

Reaction score
I just found a guy on YT, dont ask me for what and how.
Just randomly...

https://www.youtube.com/user/Liamautomechanic?feature=watch

He has some skills and I respect that but...hell I do not understand a half from
what he's saying hahaha...very uniqe accent or its normal in Ireland?
Of coure no offence to our Irish folks here :punk:

Is it me who needs more english practice?

EDIT:
According to this thread's name: YES I need haha
I was meant "challenge" not "challange" LOL
Can somebody fix that?

Last edited:
Re: A challange!

Liam Neeson engine repair videos! Sure sounds like him. My heritage is from just south of the 'other' part of the country, about as-close as you can get w/o being w/the 'others' . You just have to concentrate for a bit & you can understand him OK.

Liam Neeson engine repair videos! Sure sounds like him. My heritage is from just south of the 'other' part of the country, about as-close as you can get w/o being w/the 'others' . You just have to concentrate for a bit & you can understand him OK.

And thats some funny shit hahaha :rofl_200:
You always have a one hell of a killer phrase in your pocket! :rofl_200:

I just did that...maximum 40% is what I will ever be able to understand :)

Jeaysus that's nothing, that's a light accent from up North and he's even talking nice and slow. You should come out for a pint with me sometime - bring a translator

But the best I've heard is Brad Pitt in Snatch. It's not often an American can pull off a proper Irish accent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sohd22ax7M

I was waiting for you to chime in Johny :)

I know the Snatch - one of the best movies I've ever seen. I enjoy it every time Im watching it hahah. But I was able to understand just a bit of that gypsy slang after a 3rd time watching it LOL
Others are absolutly no problem to understand to me in this movie.

I think its becouse of our unfamiliarity of Irish accent.

Worked with a bunch of folks from cork once. We were talking about "3" distribution trees. It was very confusing.

Worked with a bunch of folks from cork once. We were talking about "3" distribution trees. It was very confusing.

Feckin' Corkmen are everyehere :biglaugh:

and 3 trees reminds me of this

A construction site boss was interviewing men for a job, when along came a man named Murphy.

The boss thought, "I'm not hiring that lazy Irishman," so he decided to set a test for Murphy, hoping he wouldn't be able to answer the questions.

The first question was, "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

Murphy says, "Dat's easy," and proceeds to draw three trees.

The boss says, "What the hell is that?" Murphy says "Tree 'n tree n' tree makes nine."

"Fair enough," says the boss "Second question: Using the same rules, represent 99."

Murphy stares into space for a while, then makes a smudge on each tree. "Der ya go sir," he says.

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

Murphy says "Each tree is dirty now! So it's dirty tree, n' dirty tree n' dirty tree, dats 99."

The boss is getting worried he's going to have to hire him, so he says "All right, question three. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

Murphy stares into space again, then he shouts, "Got it!"
He makes a little mark at the base of each tree, and says "There ya go sir, 100."

The boss looks at Murphy's attempt and thinks, "Ha! got him this time."
He says, "Go on Murphy, you must be mad if you think that represents a hundred."

Murphy leans forward and points to the marks at the tree bases, and says, "A little dog comes along and craps by each tree, so now you've got, dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, an' dirty tree an' a turd, which makes one hundred, when do I start me job?"

I did not understand a word that was said in that sulky race! :rofl_200:

Feckin' Corkmen are everyehere :biglaugh:

and 3 trees reminds me of this

as far as english speaking accents, i've heard a scotsman can be very difficult to understand too, thoughts?

Back