A/F Meters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of picking up a A/F wide band but with the chooses it can be a bit bewildering. If you had a good (or bad) experience with a particular brand I'd love to hear about it. I've learned over the last couple of years that some one in this group has probably already done what I'm about to and likely better; I'd like avoid reinventing the wheel:eusa_dance:.

As of right now I don't plan to permanently mount it.

Best answer might be that it depends on what you want to do with it? If you are just going to use it to visually tune, then the Innovate lc-1/mtx-l at $160 is a good economical choice. If you want data logging capability, then the price will go up. I had considered temporarily mounting mine, so that I could remove it and use it on other engines, but ended up just permanently mounting it after seeing the PITA it would be to disconnect it after all that work of connecting it! You will need to mount a threaded bung(s) in your exhaust, or you will need to buy an adapter to hang the 02 sensor in the end of your pipe.

Best answer might be that it depends on what you want to do with it? If you are just going to use it to visually tune, then the Innovate lc-1/mtx-l at $160 is a good economical choice. If you want data logging capability, then the price will go up. I had considered temporarily mounting mine, so that I could remove it and use it on other engines, but ended up just permanently mounting it after seeing the PITA it would be to disconnect it after all that work of connecting it! You will need to mount a threaded bung(s) in your exhaust, or you will need to buy an adapter to hang the 02 sensor in the end of your pipe.

Well said, I have the same one and I'll tell ya I would have never got my carbs dialed in right without it...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I love my Dynojet WideBand commander.

Just my opinion but if it was me I'd stay away from any narrowband systems. Narrowband only has the ability to send two signals, ABOVE stoichmetric (about 14.7 a/f) or BELOW stoichmetric.
Doesn't matter how many pretty LED's they put into the display.

I sell quite a few brands and don't have a specific fav but I have an LM unit for the dyno that seems to work well.

Sean

I've been leaning towards the innovate setup just from the good press they've received. I've been talking to Mark about getting some headers with bungs but I need to know what size before I order. Hence the questions.

I don't care to have it permanently mounted just because i'm trying to clean up the clutter but it is that difficult to get it out once you're done tuning...

I'm using the NGK afx. Nothing fancy. Two bungs in each collector for checking right bank and left bank. I attach to the faux tank with a grip go cell phone holder that uses suction cups. When done simply remove. It appears to be quite accurate. $249 plus twenty for the grip go. When changing from left to right I do recalibrate.

I've been leaning towards the innovate setup just from the good press they've received. I've been talking to Mark about getting some headers with bungs but I need to know what size before I order. Hence the questions.

I don't care to have it permanently mounted just because i'm trying to clean up the clutter but it is that difficult to get it out once you're done tuning...

I believe most of the units out there use the same thread, which is 18mm x 1.5. It wouldn't be too bad to wire it in so that it could be removed later, but you will have to perhaps make a pouch or some sort of carrier for it. I have had mine on for a few weeks now, switching back and forth between the 2 ports and I am STILL tuning.....but I'm getting damn close to perfection.:punk:

One hint if you remove them. You need to remove the sensor and plug it. Running it in the exhaust stream without the heater power on it can supposedly damage the sensor....

my brother loves the mtx-l i got for him.

Got innovate.......forget the model but got it on my sled and also on my buddies road racer sled.....both run wicked and great way to help tune.....for us wide open.....besides plug reads and piston wash its a third back up to jetting....easy to use the innovate .

Back