advice from welding guys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I'm using propane for a project i'm doing. Right now I have a basic Grill/ turkey frier regulator. I need a regulator that puts out more pressure than the one I have. I was looking at new regulators and my cousin said he had several regulators from torch setups. a few are for acetylene and one says for compressed gas. Are the regulators interchangeable for acetylene/propane.:ummm:

:ummm: The CGA fitting will be different but you can move it from one regulator to the other. Depending on how much pressure you need the acetylene regulator may work, they only go up to about #30. What are you trying to do? Spurs

Thanks for the Info. I'm a closet Carnie. I make and sell Kettle korn and soft pretzels (like auntie annes). For kettle korn, I bought an 80 qt bowl and made a frame out of unistrut. The bowl sits on a turkey fryer base/burner. It works well as is, but I want to try more heat to get it to pop faster and have less unpopped kernels. I'm only looking for around 12 or 13#. I know the torch gauges are overkill, but they're free.

You can try using the torch gauges, but my suggestion is not to! Only for the simple fact that if you are going to an event and the fire marshall goes through and does a general inspection he might go through the roof . I would n't even mess with it get something like this that is adjustable. The price is not even worth the hassle of trying another avenue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Propane-Reg...946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eb9db96a

G

Thank you. Thats a great find for me. I didn't think a basic fryer regulator would go to that high of a pressure.:clapping:

Thanks for the Info. I'm a closet Carnie. I make and sell Kettle korn and soft pretzels (like auntie annes). For kettle you bring that yummy stuff to alexander korn, I bought an 80 qt bowl and made a frame out of unistrut. The bowl sits on a turkey fryer base/burner. It works well as is, but I want to try more heat to get it to pop faster and have less unpopped kernels. I'm only looking for around 12 or 13#. I know the torch gauges are overkill, but they're free.

You bring that yummy stuff to alexander carnival or wyomings applumkin?

Back