Aftermarket Tach hookup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
Ok I installed my new tach but when hooked up to the stock wire it just did not seem like it was just right so I tried hooking it up to the common wire for the coil fairly close to the coil and that works not at all I was wondering if this is b/c I installed the COP or am i missing something?

What tach are you trying to use? The gray wire is the wire the stock tach uses to obtain the signal. You also need to make sure that you have a tach that is compatible with 2 cylinder engines. If not, you will need to make a pretty simple diode assembly that will take the signal from the front two cylinders (or the rear two) and it will double the signal output. It is basically a t-boost switch. I'll try to post the link, but I believe it is on the vmaxoutlaw.com 's site.

Jeff

Ok I installed my new tach but when hooked up to the stock wire it just did not seem like it was just right so I tried hooking it up to the common wire for the coil fairly close to the coil and that works not at all I was wondering if this is b/c I installed the COP or am i missing something?

What's not right? did you have your tach set for 2cyl?

got it, when in doubt read the pro-cycle directions online "any coils neg wire" works great fast and accurate

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back