Air correctors ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 MAX

Reaction score
Running lean, I have the stage 1 DJ needles installed, clip on 5th, 170 mikuni mains, carbs sync, 4 pod K&Ns, 4 into 1 Kerker, It has some surging and stumbles in a head wind, I don't know if it has the air correctors on the main air jets, what do they look like? and is this what they are made to help prevent, more air than fuel? Thanks.

They restrict air, so you may run the pods or other high flowing setup. (ram-air, Morley's Kit)
They don't come with the Stage 1, as they're generally not needed.

Here is the stage 7 instructions, http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/4716.pdf

To me, they look like a plug with a little hole in the center.

frgasareec4.jpg

I think if you have the 4 individual filters, you HAVE to run the air correctors or it will run like shite. Pretty easy to look in there and see if you have them or not. KJ's pic shows it all!

I remember at a Tech day that Specops pulled his correctors out. He may be able to add some insight into the change.

it looks like it has them :bang head: if it didn't, I was gonna go with a stock air box and leave the jetting as is per stage 1 DJ, anyone running 175-180 mikuni mains?

What might help you is the " OEM Carbs? Post your setup" Just click on the link. Several owners has posted their current setup. It may not be exact, but if you find someone with a similar setup and location, it should get you in the ball park.

it looks like it has them :bang head: if it didn't, I was gonna go with a stock air box and leave the jetting as is per stage 1 DJ, anyone running 175-180 mikuni mains?

I'm running a 170 mikuni main with my morley kit, stock needles. You're getting pretty big. Any smaller and my runs like crap at 6500+ rpm. Stumbles in the midrange is needle.

Dale #2592

Back