Air / Fuel Meter Analyzer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing a air/fuel meter or analyzer that I could use to get my carbs at the correct mixture. I don't want a system that I have to install an oxygen sensor, but something I can use on multiple set-ups. I didn't know if someone already had one they like or what I should be looking for when buying one. Any input would be great. Would anyone else be interested in going in on one, and we could share it or pass it around as needed. I have found a few priced in the $200 to $400 area, but once again, I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for. I also recently purchased a Carbtune sync unit and was wondering if others may be interested in sharing it as well. It would be really nice to have both of these systems to use while dialing in the carbs. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jeff

I have this one permanently installed on my bike. I love it.

It also drives one of my shift lights and datalogs RPM, A/F for later playback on a laptop. You can basically do your own "Road" dyno pull and play back the A/F curve for later analysis. It does have a analog guage for continual monitoring but the rest of the function have to be accessed with a laptop.

It has the capabilty to datalog a/f, rpm, throttle position and any other 0-5 volt input you choose, I have an oil pressure sensor feeding into it that will give me notice if oil pressure drops below 30 PSI if RPM is above 4000. I'm not using the throttle position for any thing. I had first installed it on my Wifes 350z that I had installed a supercharger on where all those functions were very handy for tuning and failsafes against lean burn.

http://www.widebandcommander.com/

Rusty

Back