Air/fuel ratio meter... again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sean, u mind taking a look at my post above ur last one. about bung size?

Garret,

I welded one in my exhaust,the tuner that tuned my bike gave it to me said that there mostly the same,a couple months later a guy brought my a lancer midpipe to weld one into for a wide band it was the same as the one in my "twisted",give yourself piece-of-mind go to the local parts store and compare your bung to their O2s

Hey Sean, o ranyone else who can answer,

Just to claify, 02 sensor bungs are 18mm x 1.5mm and are different from the OEM bungs which are for an exhaust temp analyzer?

You are correct. The o2 sensors bungs are a different size than the EGT bungs. The EGT bungs are much smaller

could put in the larger o2 bungs and if the egt probe is long enough use a reducer/adapter for when or if you ever use a egt setup, that way best of both worlds.... im sure something can be rigged up to work.

good call tugla. just watned to confirm the 02 bungs are def different. 18mm is pretty good size.

I may get 4 of them.

IS anyone else interested if i can find a quantity deal?

The EGT probe would need to be directly in the exhaust flow so not sure spacing it out would do the trick. You might be able to make an adapter to keep in in the same general location.

Sean

yea they are. wow. picked up an LM-1 setup along with an extra LED gauge for $150 this weekend so i'm happy. should be here this week or next

sweet, you find that on flea bay??? :clapping:

did a US-wide craigslist search and emailed a few different guys. spoke to this one a few times on the phone. He had it on a mustang and was selling the mustang and told a guy he'd throw it in and the guy said whats an a/f gauge? so he decided he'd sell it out. only tweaky thing with it is that he hard wired the 9V source (to heat the 02) sensor to the 12V with a resistor inline so both can be run straight off the 12V system. we'll see when i get it.

Garrett
Let me know if you need me to run it on my bike and see if it is working :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Cheers

Garrett
Let me know if you need me to run it on my bike and see if it is working :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Cheers

i probably will, just so i know its working ya know? i'm sure u won't mind!

i probably will, just so i know its working ya know? i'm sure u won't mind!
but you will need to calibrate his results against another to make sure they are correct, so if i have to i can lend my bike as a control sample bike, all in the name of science i can do that for ya....:biglaugh:

Back