Airbox versus 4 pods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
I'm tight on space....looking for pros and cons of 4 individual filters versus Morely airbox mod and kit.
Thoughts please....

Pods give more top end. Morley kit is stronger all over. (I think)

Both are cool.

What are you trying to add?

Correct but we've actually made the same and sometimes even more power then the pods on the big end too. Not much downside to our kit other then space if you need some of that.

Thanks guys.
I've got all the bits (morleys kit) so I'll stick with airbox unless it is impossible space wise.
I don't wanna lose the bottom end grunt/mid range.

Just out of curiosity what is in Sean's kit and how much is it ? I have stock exhauast on my 1994 will that make a difference ?

Just out of curiosity what is in Sean's kit and how much is it ? I have stock exhauast on my 1994 will that make a difference ?
If you have the Stock exhaust ANY jet kit will be wasted cash and actually cause you to lose some HP.

I put and k&n filter (1) and changed the 100 air jet to a 90 (i'm in cal below sea level) and the mains to 157.5 with canadian needles and a stock pipe. Vboost is always open- runs perfect with ngk iridium plugs gapped at 26 and gsxr cops- a/f mixture screws set with carbtune.

I put and k&n filter (1) and changed the 100 air jet to a 90 (i'm in cal below sea level) and the mains to 157.5 with canadian needles and a stock pipe. Vboost is always open- runs perfect with ngk iridium plugs gapped at 26 and gsxr cops- a/f mixture screws set with carbtune.

Those are huge mains.

Latest posts

Back