Almost did something unforgivable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Reaction score
I'll try to tell my story without sounding like a complete idiot but in the end I am. You see I've been trying to buy a house all this yr and haven't found THE ONE until last wk. I ended up being a couple grand shy from actually buying it and that really hacked me off. So I found another possible house but I know it will be the same situation in the end where I will be shy by a couple bucks. I was doing some hard thinking and decided I would get rid of a few toys I really don't need. You know clean out your junk. I've been trying for month to sell my quad that I don't ride anymore and haven't had any luck so I was in the garage staring at the stupid thing getting madder and madder. No body wants my quad! So what else can I sell that's big bucks....and my eyes landed on the Vmax. Do I really want to? Not really but I can always get another one after I buy my house. See that was my thinking. So I went to craigslist and posted it for a grand more than what I bought it cuz I really didn't want to let go of it but felt justified saying I tried lol. 30 mins later I get this email saying this guy wants to look at my bike asap and buy it!:bang head: WHAT?! After I'm done hyperventilating we exchanged a few emails and end the end after I didn't move on the price I was $500 over his limit he wanted to spend on the bike. WOW was I happy to hear that. I took the posting down because there was no chance in Heck I'd sell my bike. I knew from that point on. What was I thinking?! OMG I'm an idiot. You know what's funny? I just sold my quad. The Vmax gods were looking out for me!

wow that was a close one, ya if you already got a max why sell it especially since you just got it. if its paid for then getting rid of it wont help after your sitting around in your living room dreaming of it. So im glad to hear you held on to her. cut your neighbors lawn if you need extra cash hahah DONT SELL THE MAX!!!!!:punk:

It's not paid off but close. I needed it paid off to show less debt but now it will be paid for w/ the quad sell! I get to keep Maxine :clapping:

I'd rather part with my left nut than sell my Max's. WTF were you thinking?
Now go and give yourself an upper cut in front of the mirror and repeat verbally that you'll never do it again. lol

Almost did the same thing with the '06 this spring....the guy was here looking at it, had it running, etc., kept hemming and hawwing, finally decided he couldn't swing it and left.

I'm like, WHEW! That was close!! The guy called me up first thing next morning and said he re-thought and wanted to buy it! I said sorry, I'd ordered a bunch of stuff for it just after he'd left and was going to keep it....he offered to add the price of the stuff I'd ordered to the bike and buy that too.

Not much left to say there but.......sorry, not for sale...shouldda grabbed it up last night!!

It was a 'basket case' when I bought it.....did I do the right thing?

Attachments

• 100_1391.jpg
    100_1391.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 38
Almost did the same thing with the '06 this spring....the guy was here looking at it, had it running, etc., kept hemming and hawwing, finally decided he couldn't swing it and left.

I'm like, WHEW! That was close!! The guy called me up first thing next morning and said he re-thought and wanted to buy it! I said sorry, I'd ordered a bunch of stuff for it just after he'd left and was going to keep it....he offered to add the price of the stuff I'd ordered to the bike and buy that too.

Not much left to say there but.......sorry, not for sale...shouldda grabbed it up last night!!

of course danny. sallymax is awesome! haha u can always sell down the road too if you need to as well, and u still have '99!

That bike is gorgeous!!!!:worthy:

No, no, no too many sentimental reasons not to sell the Sallymax....Plus, I have sentimental attachments to that baby too! You brought that baby back to life with style Danny!:punk:
Jules, glad you were able to work out a way to keep your Vmax! :thumbs up:

My fiance` bothered me for a while to sell my max but I guess she had a change of heart because the other day I told her that I was considering selling it she said "NO WAY" because it dosen`t waste fuel and she didn`t want to see me miserable (I think that I would be very miserable) so I told her that it was very thought ful of her and that I wouldn`t sell it unless there was no other option.
She still thinks that we all act like kids with a new toy LOL.
I just tell her ::"We are" lol. so I`m glad that you kept yours too.:clapping:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Jules, glad you got to keep your Max. It's strange how sometimes things actually work out for the best!

Dave, it sounds like you have a great woman there!

Hi guys, just dropped in to see what's up...and I read this thread. I did the samething actually but ended up selling it. I regret it too. I miss the bike big time. I will get another, later maybe next year. But for now I'll just have to suffer it out. Plus the buyer turned out to be a pain in the ass. Not that he was an asshole but just a pissed me off with the bullshit. He lost the sellers package, bitched for another reciept, then told me it was a money pit. You guys seen pics of my bike - pretty sweet condition for a 93. Anyway it did tell him that the carbs needed sync'd and probably need a bike tire for a safety. Plus I told him about the site to come in if he needs any help.....

Some people are never happy... However, to find out how unhappy you really can be sell your Max ! Then you'll know ! I did, and it was a mistake. There is always somebody somewhere selling one. It just might take a while to find it.

Anyway, get out and ride. Hope everyone is doing well.

robbarrie :biglaugh:

Rob, I actually put a For Sale sign on mine a couple years ago. I parked it at work and got three calls in about 4 hours. I went to lunch and threw the sign away. I'm sure glad I didn't sell it, and I can't even remember why I was thinking about it in the first place! I imagine the day you pick up your next Max will be one to remember. Hang in there.

Back