another BIG reason to hate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethrobolas

Reaction score
Shithead truck drivers.

Aside from the fact they ride my ass in traffic, will block the highway for miles while passing, pull out of the truck stop right in front of me (at 4 am with NO cars behind me) then not be able to find 2nd gear, use the size of their semi to intimidate cars, not move back to the right lane after a pass on the highway even though they are 2 or 3 truck lengths ahead of the truck they just passed until people start to pass on the right, use their trucks as road blocks in heavy traffic, ect, ect.
I am now the victim of one of those dick heads leaving the scene after totaling my car and nearly squashing me like a bug. Motherfucker merged into me HARD form the far left lane (of 3 lanes northbound ) which blew out my rear tire. That sent me into a spin which sent my car (now facing southbound) back into his path dead center of his trailers rear wheels. He drove right up the front of my car crushing the entire powertrain to the ground. Luckily my car ejected from under his wheels about 6" before I was crushed to death. He didn't even slow down. This happened tuesday.
There were witnesses (including another trucker) who saw the whole thing. They stopped to help me, no plate for the shit stain that left the scene. I sustained a small rug burn on my elbow the size of a dime and my back and neck were sore the rest of the day. Other than that I'm fine.
My poor little vw was like a goldmine. Diesel getting a minimum of 43 mpg per tank. It was a 2000 that had 380000 miles on it with another 200k to go. My commute to work averages 170 miles round trip depending on the jobsite. New tdi's aside from the emissions scandal also have an issue with high pressure fuel pumps that eat themselves and sends fragments throughout the entire fuel system requiring replacement of everything fuel related including the tank, a repair costing over $7000. Obviously I only had liability, so the insurance company will do nothing for me.

Fuck otr drivers. Scum of the earth. Not all of them, but certainly a large percentage of them. Total cowards.

I have a class a. I have driven semi's, though not for long. I was courteous to the other people on the road. So I know what what it's like. I understand it's not necessarily an easy job to drive one, but that is no excuse to be a cunt.

If you are reading this as an otr driver, no offense to you unless you are one of the cock suckers that fit the description I gave above (in that case, die slow and painful motherfucker).

Rant over.

Attachments

• 20151124_160520.jpg
    20151124_160520.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20151124_160533.jpg
    20151124_160533.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
"If you are reading this as an otr driver, no offense to you unless you are one of the cock suckers that fit the description I gave above (in that case, die slow and painful motherfucker"

Shakespeare couldn't have said it mo bettah...:worthy:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an otr driver? I find it way too much on here that people just assume that others are familiar with there abbreviations. Why can't you just spell it out like everything else so that everyone knows what you're talking about?

By the way, I hate almost ALL truck drivers and I don't care if they are offended or not. The few of them that are descent should get on all there buddies that aren't. There is NO question at all to me that they just don't care if you are hurt or killed. I mean this, they really don't give a damn. I've sat behind them at 70 kilometres per hour in a 100 zone for several Kilometres just to have them speed up as hard as they can 110 or 120 at the first chance to overtake them forcing you to go 130 or 140 just to finally get around them. If you don't then they just slow back down to 70 on the next curve or hill with you stuck behind them to get another broken windscreen. If they had ANY kind of conscience or decency they would just hold off on the full on acceleration for about 30 seconds to let the cars that have been stuck have a reasonable and safe chance to overtake. It would make zero difference to there trip time. Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad you are O.K. I drive a VW polo and get 50 miles per gallon and love it.

Matt

Thanks, I've never heard that term and it still doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I guess it's a term used meaning a truck driver? Is it a common term? We always just call them truck drivers.

Matt

Hmmm I held Truckers in higher regard... never really looked at their driving skills as anything other than just another blind individual on the road.
I'm torn. Should I relegate Truckers to the level of real estate agents now?
Glad you're solid though.

My wife was sideswiped by one before we met. To this day, she tenses up as we pass any semi.

I share your sentiments. Glad you ended up ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I held Truckers in higher regard... never really looked at their driving skills as anything other than just another blind individual on the road.
I'm torn. Should I relegate Truckers to the level of real estate agents now?
Glad you're solid though.

I did as well, back in the 70's and 80's. My mother would drive across country with me and my younger brother and would stop at rest stops or truck stops and just knock on one of the truckers doors and ask them to keep an eye on us. They were always friendly and happy to oblige. My brother and I always looked at them as kind of a hero figure knowing they would protect us. They always blew the horn as you passed them and gave them the arm signal to pull the chain. Unfortunately, Those were the days, and those days are gone, at least to me and in my eyes. Now all I see is a deadly machine being driven by people that don't care about anything except themselves, time schedules and money. Just a week ago my wife and I pulled over on a country road with a 100kph speed limit because of two large dogs in the road. We put on our emergency blinkers and were trying to get the dogs off of the road. Another car also pulled over to help, A truck driver came along at at least 100 with no attempt at slowing down even though we were in the road and two cars and dogs were in clear sight. As he came barrelling past one of the dogs ran out and he locked up his brakes and almost jack knifed next to my wife and our car with two trailers 34 wheels leaving black skid marks and smoke everywhere. He stopped the truck down the road about 50 meters, got out and began to yell at us for causing him to almost kill himself. The fact is, He almost killed us all because he couldn't be bothered and didn't give a rats ass about us enough to even consider slowing down for 2 cars, 2 dogs and 4 people. A real F- - -ing wanker. This is why I truly hate most of them. In the old days, he might have even stopped to help.

Matt

I'm glad you're alright. A semi is a deadly machine rolling. I never drove pro. but wrenched in truck garages for a few years. New drivers would hit stuff, like telephone poles, knock them down and not even feel it. The company hauled cement blocks, which made the truck a a battering ram. Semi's throw rubber off their tires on a regular basis. Those rubber pieces are deadly to us riding behind them. I avoid them at all cost, even if I have to slow down. That can't be avoided, except for the cheap-ass companies that run their tires until they won't roll anymore. Drivers? They come in all forms. Just like the regular cager. Except, they are dangerous 10x over. A mean bastard behind the wheel of a semi? Bad for everyone.
Steve-o

Ha-ha! Guess how auto drivers hate motorcyclists!:)
P.S. I hate nobody on the road. Make no sense. We are all in the same boat. Avoid the crash?... say "thank god" or "shit" and go on....

They are supposed to be "professional" drivers. Reality is they are just a bunch of regular people -cagers- that have a bigger weapon. Texting, falling asleep, in too big of a hurry (I place much of the blame on the laws and pay-per-mile industry standard for that).

Just another asshole behind the wheel.

Funny thing is, the DO seem to have a significant amount of respect when around motorcycles. Thankful for that.

I try to let them know when they have a flat, or dragging a brake actuator, but 95% of the time they ignore me or wave me off like "yeah, i know". They don't give a shit. Just run the flat till it flys off the rim smoking like a mad bastard leaving the tire carcass in the middle of the highway for others to try and avoid. Sometimes you can smell the burning rubber for miles, wondering if it is your own car, checking your gauges, trying to see if you can feel something wrong, watching other drivers to see if they are looking at you like there is something wrong with your car until you catch up to the truck flying down the highway smoking like crazy because of the flat trailer tire.

About 12 years ago I was driving on the highway and the Chevy avalanche ahead of me ran over a complete retread that had come off the tire. The avalanche flung it straight up into the air. I stood on the breaks, but traffic was moving along at about 70mph. The retread landed just right on the front of my (then beautiful) s10. Wrapped itself perfectly around my bumper like a taco so it slapped down crushing my hood and shattering my windshield along with some damage to the bumper and destroying the front air dam under the bumper. Luckily I had full coverage with 0 comprehensive which covered the repair with no out of pocket cost.

Total disregard for safety.

Cheat on the log books (sometimes having several to buck the system), use substances to try and stay awake longer. "Screw you I have a load to deliver". All part of the business.

The potential for damage is great, that is obvious. I have been behind trucks on the highway watching tire tread come off. I have ridden with Bikers that will drive along side trucks. I won't do that. I stay behind until it is clear to pass then I pass quickly. DOT rules are that trucks can have recaps on any tire except the two front( steering) tires. It is the recaps that come off, when they do there is velocity and weight going where ever it goes. Ride safe!

Glad you lived through this ordeal to tell us about it. Dayum!

Back