Another Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkw0417

Reaction score
Okay so a couple of times when driving to work I have seen another bike exiting the freeway that looks like it might be a max, but he is always way out in front of me and I can't tell for sure.
Today I took a different rout and ended up on the access road one exit earlier and I pull up in the next lane right beside the guy and it is a yellow max.
Converstation after
ME " Well this doesn't happen very often"
GUY "Traffic is like this every day"
Me " I didn't mean the traffic" while pointing down.
GUY "Oh, nope you are are right, this never happens"
GOES on with what year yada yada yada, have you seen the new one blah blah blah

That is only the second Max I have seen on the road and it is ther first time I have been close enough to say hello.

I dont' know the guy so who knows about him, but am I alone in saying I look for other Vmaxes and am happy to see them and talk to riders when I do. He kinda seemed like he didn't care at all.

Okay so a couple of times when driving to work I have seen another bike exiting the freeway that looks like it might be a max, but he is always way out in front of me and I can't tell for sure.
Today I took a different rout and ended up on the access road one exit earlier and I pull up in the next lane right beside the guy and it is a yellow max.
Converstation after
ME " Well this doesn't happen very often"
GUY "Traffic is like this every day"
Me " I didn't mean the traffic" while pointing down.
GUY "Oh, nope you are are right, this never happens"
GOES on with what year yada yada yada, have you seen the new one blah blah blah

That is only the second Max I have seen on the road and it is ther first time I have been close enough to say hello.

I dont' know the guy so who knows about him, but am I alone in saying I look for other Vmaxes and am happy to see them and talk to riders when I do. He kinda seemed like he didn't care at all.

I'm with you DKW, It would be neat to see other max's. I never have but I'm sure it would be cool. Just takes all kinds I guess.

Maybe it was his brothers v max.........he prolly owns a Hardly Driveable. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You are not alone. I have actually chased down other Max's just to strike up a conversation and meet other owners. On one occasion I was chased down LOL. Not all people are really passionate about the Vmax or inclined to meet new people etc.

Okay so I'm sitting at the light on my '94 Vmax and this weird dude pulls up to me on a Vmax. What's with that? I realize the bike is rare but geesh. It's just a bike dude.

GUY " Well this doesn't happen very often"
ME "Traffic is like this every day"
GUY " I didn't mean the traffic" while pointing down.
ME "Oh, nope you are are right, this never happens"

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

LOL Mark!! On a serious note though, I have recruited a good number of VMOA members by initiating contact at bike nights, along side the road, and at our booth at motorcycle shows in Toronto (which we will have at the January Supershow at the International Center Jan 2-4th). You never know who you will meet until you try:biglaugh:

The MAX is rare down here, also. That is why I bought one. Who wants to have the same Jap-cruiser everyone else has?

Another problem is that a lot of MAX owner's never seem to actually RIDE their Max, which makes it hard to meet some of them. I try to meet as many as I see, but it isn't many.

I was a bike rally/festival in North Cental Arkansas a couple of months ago. Out of 2500-3000 bikes, I saw only 2 other Maxes, but couldn't catch up too either owner.

If you do catch up to me, you're riding the hell out of yours, 'cause I'm damn sure riding the hell out of mine.

I've had a passenger lately, so I ride a little slower. I don't scrape the pegs with her on the back, I just don't want to scare her too bad.

Would love to stop and chat though.:punk:

at the MotoGP in Indy I didn't see a SINGLE Max!
There were HD's galore and RiceRockets up the wazoo, but no MUSCLE!

Made me wish I had driven my bike down there for it....until it poured rain on Sunday. Then that thought disappeared from my mind.

And I had a guy on a '05 Vmax catch up to me the other day and the typical convo ensued. He was oogling my exhaust too.....never had anyone oogle a stock exhaust before....even though mine is wide open. The sound drew his attention.

Back