Another sighting?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I worked for an insurance company as well, just thought I would ask. I never understood the high rates on motorcycles, as there isn't a lot of PD that happens in a motorcycle loss, unless it's BI, but you could always write a BI waiver IMO on bikes, but that's just me. IMO just another way to make a buck from the public.

Nice use of abbreviations there 1/4H.......

IMO :whistlin:

All you have to do is ask if you don't understand them. Ya know asking questions right? Half the reason for internet forums haha.

I have it from a very good source in Oz that there will be a new Vmax for 2009. It could be available as soon as this Fall.

I have it from a very good source in Oz that there will be a new Vmax for 2009. It could be available as soon as this Fall.

I heard that very same thing when I went to buy my '07. I was debating on whether to wait for the '08 until I saw the prototype and didn't want a plastic sport bike wanna-be, so I bought the '07.

Since then, it's been nothing but rumours and each rumour is always about 'this fall' or 'this coming August'.

I'm not holding my breath on it. There is just as good a chance that Star is going to drop the bike due to lack of interest in it's prototype.

If they do come out with that prototype, I'm going to be very disappointed. It looks like something out of a Japanese anime movie.

They should have turned to the English to design the next Max, just like they did when they designed the first one.

Regards,
Tom

The minute I find out that there will NEVER be a new Vmax I'm gonna start looking for a used B-KING

Rusty

Checked out a B-King at my local MC dealer a few weeks ago...man that thing is W-I-D-E. Reminded me of a Boss Hoss from the top. Cans had been changed to Two Brothers carbon cans...much better looking than the stock watchamacallits.

For what it's worth, I rode a B-King at the Daytona Bike Week in March and it was absolutely great. Even my Harley-lovin' brother was totally impressed. It's extremely smooth, responsive - everything you could ask for. Well, except for looks, maybe. Replacing the stock exhausts helps a lot with that though. Don't know if I can wait much longer for a new Max. I figure I'll give Yamaha till the end of the year and see how many recalls the B-King has by that time.

Latest posts

Back