Another sighting?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This was posted on one of the Yahoo lists

For what it worth, Rolf Henniges from the largest MC magazine in Europe (Motorrad) was out testing a MotoGuzzi Stelvio in Italy and was past by a prototyp of a V-Max and they try to hang on but lost him. But from what they remember was the radiator was much bigger and the back of the bike was alot more slender then the prototypes Yamaha show up on different shows.

Could the new VMax be ready for release?:confused2:

Haha I was acutally going to start another thread today. I talked to the Yamaha dealer today, a different one this time, and he laughed about the release of the V-Max. He said he knew Yamaha and they were just strokin' the public about it. He said they need to sell 1250 models of the V-Max to consider the tooling for the new bike, and the '07 sales were only 550 some bikes, and highly doubted it would come out.

This from the Yammy dealer.

Forget about it. It was just me. I love schooling those Moto Guzzi's.

Mark

Haha I was acutally going to start another thread today. I talked to the Yamaha dealer today, a different one this time, and he laughed about the release of the V-Max. He said he knew Yamaha and they were just strokin' the public about it. He said they need to sell 1250 models of the V-Max to consider the tooling for the new bike, and the '07 sales were only 550 some bikes, and highly doubted it would come out.

This from the Yammy dealer.

Yeah! That'll happen when you have made the SAME bike for 27 years!:bang head:

Yeah! That'll happen when you have made the SAME bike for 27 years!:bang head:

Exactly right.

I think this dealer is a Wally.

If Yamaha want production volume guaranteed all they have to do is promo a pre-release non- refundable deposit down deal and they will fill their global pre-production schedule without any problems.

Hell they lose that much business every month to other manufacturers because the new V-max is taking forever.

You'd think they'd have the bike out now already too after 2 YEARS of teasing wouldn't you!? I doubt it happens myself.

He said they need to sell 1250 models of the V-Max to consider the tooling for the new bike, and the '07 sales were only 550 some bikes, and highly doubted it would come out.

Part of that, tho - might be the fact that the OriginalMax doesn't have the same "Holy Schmoley!" punch it had when it came out. There are a lot of other options now which weren't available back then. If they repeated the "Holy Schmoley!" effect today, they'd get WAY more than 1250 pre-orders. Geeze - with 300hp, are you kidding?

I heard a rumor that some insurance companies wont write for it, which might limit sales.

Part of that, tho - might be the fact that the OriginalMax doesn't have the same "Holy Schmoley!" punch it had when it came out. There are a lot of other options now which weren't available back then. If they repeated the "Holy Schmoley!" effect today, they'd get WAY more than 1250 pre-orders. Geeze - with 300hp, are you kidding?

I heard a rumor that some insurance companies wont write for it, which might limit sales.

Oh I agree, I'm just not holding my breath on the bike.

Where did you hear rumors about the insurance company? That's very strange to hear they won't write a bike that isn't scheduled to come out yet.

Where did you hear rumors about the insurance company?

A friend of mine writes insurance. And he's telling me about how insurance companies are all running for cover right now - with Katrina, Mortgage Crisis, etc., etc., etc., they are all evidently rethinking their risk-tolerances.

Basically, he's saying that the companies that under-write everything will set levels of tolerance (he told me the technical word for it, but I forgot), and when those limits are crossed, they're turning their noses up at it. So from what I understand, a lot of manufacturers at the Producer level are having to check with insurers to see if the products they come up with are even marketable. The word is that some of the Auto-makers are having to kick-back on stuff like fuel cells, electric drive vehicles, etc since the insurance companies say "we wont write that" simply because they don't have actuarial numbers as to how to arrive at their rates. And if a manufacturer finds that their product carries too much (or in this case, an unknown) risk, then they think twice about mass-producing machines with power-to-weight ratios like that.

This could all be BS, but thats what he's telling me. He's like "It's a whole new world out there, Davalos" for insurance carriers.

When they first came out, I was really REALLY wanting to get one, but i was told (just 'word on the street' .. nothing to back it up) things like "yeah, but good luck finding insurance on that!" ... just curious - does anyone remember back-in-the-day when these came out? Was insurance an issue?

Yeah I worked for an insurance company as well, just thought I would ask. I never understood the high rates on motorcycles, as there isn't a lot of PD that happens in a motorcycle loss, unless it's BI, but you could always write a BI waiver IMO on bikes, but that's just me. IMO just another way to make a buck from the public.

I think Yamaha will bring it out. I also think that the slow sales on '07s could partially due to the fact that people may have been waiting on the new model.

Yamaha has a history of being a risk taker. The new Max will come out, I can feel it!

Mike

If it comes out with the 200-210 crank HP, insurance should not be an issue. I was qouted $27.00 a month for an 08 'Busa, full coverage. That is only $2 more a month than I pay on my Max.

27.00 A MONTH!!!! Have they seen you ride?!?!?

Crap I really need to get rid of that pesky careless driving ticket...lol

:rocket bike:

thought the 1800 motor in the same style looking bike...was much better looking

Back