Any help with weak tranny!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainednitromaxx

Reaction score
Anyone out there that has been able to come up with dependable tranny setup for high hp max at strip. My bike has a 1500 tourmaster that has 174hp on motor and with nos it puts down 227 at tire with 145lb torqe.60 ft are in the high 130s ,bike goes 6.0 s to 5.90s at 119smph with signs of of clutch slipping(there blk when i change them out) .I am sick of replacing trannys to point i do not race it often now. I have tried cryogenics but no good. I can go around 40 runs usually. I do not know if this makes it worse but i do ride on street alot,it gets alot of street miles.The bike never breaks nothing on the street including the tranny but man the strip wrecks the gears. It is launched on the nos with progressive controller. Really digs in! JOHN simper fi

Well, I could make you a complete set of gears modified oversize to your desired ratio's. The strength would rely on the fact of using a courser pitch tooth as well as some other mods that can be done. I'll show some pictures later today.
Is there one particular problem that keeps happening? If so take a picture of it and I'll show you what can be done.
Remember though, that almost anything will break if it is pushed hard enough.

Here's a picture to which I was referring . Ignore the gear to the right as it is another gear out of the set.
The stock gear is on the left at the top, you will see we have made the gear recess diameter smaller in the the new gear (bottom of pic),noted by the yellow lines.This increases the amount of "meat" below the root diameter of the teeth. In other words there is now greater wall thickness between the teeth and recess diameter of the pocket diameter.
Now looking at the blue lines you can see the wall thickness where the pockets
are machined into the gear is much thicker in the new gear. The stock gears have been known to fail around this area.
The area marked in black is hard to make sense of, but it is machined not as deep as the sample gear because a lot more strength can be gained by doing so. The stock gear is weak because the pocket depths give little thickness to the back of the gear.
These are gears we make for the speedway cars here. GSXR gears I think they use.

Attachments

• IMG_0165 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0165 (Large).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 81
How much would it cost for billet set made for street strip . Ballpark.Thanks for the replay,i do not understand why someone has not made this available know how much the tranny sucks.

you would think someone would dig into this aftermarket upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what good is hp if we can not plant it TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see the offer by Gary to try and get a 3 speed auto setup made. It's not for street use though.

Sean

We offer that already for guys wanting to cruise. It's a $300 upgrade when doing an undercut job ($500) and cuts rpm's in fifth by approx 23% when compared to stock fifth. There are a few customers on here that have one of our overdrive trannies.

60mph is 3000rpm
80mph is 4000rpm
100mph is 5000rpm

Latest posts

Back