Anybody using this stuff?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
Just saw this and wondered if it's any good or just total rubbish? :ummm:

Sure makes a lot of claims:

1) Seals punctures instantly as you ride. (the hole will be sealed within a few rotations of the tire)
2) Automatically BALANCES your tires to ZERO balance. (saves you money and improves handling)
3) Special corrosion inhibitors prevent tire dry rot that leads to small slow leaks.
4) Extends tire life by 25% or MORE. (change your tires less often, saving you hundreds of $$$)
5) Helps your tires run cooler. (extending tire life and wear)
6) Seals punctures with fibers that are SIX TIMES STRONGER THAN STEEL.
7) Washes out simply with water. Environmentally SAFE !!
8) Maintains proper inflation in your tires.
9) Prevents RUST on your steel or aluminum rims.

Sounds like it takes care of everything but warts, corns and facial acne!! :biglaugh:

I can't bring myself to trust any product that makes that many claims. :hmmm:

I have not used that particular brand of tire sealant.
I do use tire slime which can be bought at any automotive store or wal mart.
I only use the stuff in my car tires since 20in wheels tend to leak air in cold weather.

22.75 is over priced!!!

I don't know anything about this stuff but what I would be concerned with is the storage life of this stuff during winter storage. I tried to a search for "Ride On tire protection system" reviews but didn't come up with anything really convincing.
It seems that the touring types prefer to repair the leak/ damaged tire while on the road. The also carry a very small compressor to refill their tires with air. Sport-Touring.net had a discussion about some of their solutions to tire problems.

I used Tire Slime on my last set of tires (Bridgestone) because there was a tiny nail puncture that would leak down in about a week. Worked great for about 2000 miles until I purchased my Shinkos. No balance issues or anything, but what a freakin' mess I had on my hands when I mounted the Shinks'. I can't imagine the stuff on ebay is too much different. I guess a mess when changing sneakers is better than a flat along side the highway.

Back