Anyone Decide On The Best Fluid For Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I had a coupon and a gift card for Harbor Freight so I picked up their larger ultrasonic cleaner. Now there's still confusion over what works best to clean Motorcycle Carbs. I don't think my carbs are varnished up or have a lot of sticky crud in them. I've had them apart to Band-Aid them enough times. What I know is that there are tiny black rust particles in the jet block, blocking the low speed circuits at random. Over and Over, SSDD. I plan to replace the Idle Jets when this all comes together. But,,, I want to use a cleaner that will get rid of these rust particles for good. I believe they are coming from the carb fuel inlets. Everything behind that including the gas tank is clean, hoses are new and I've tried new fuel filters. Had the fuel pumps apart too... All of that is clean on both bikes...

All thoughts / ideas are welcome..
Thanks in Advance and Happy 4th....
Dave

Man with al the real life experts here I figured they would be all over this. Hope all is well with you Dave. I know you've been going through hell for a long time. You're in my prayers. Someday I'll get to a tech day with you. Hang in there... Busy workin. Gotta get a life.

Guess nobody's got a good answer for my question or they're not gonna share.:sad2: I'll be experimenting (Oh No) soon I guess..:bang head:

Believe it it not. One of my old mechanics I worked with swears on MR CLEAN. The original nothing fancy with all them crazy scents, he used to like in southern cali built multiple custom sand three wheelers with motorcycle engines has some alot of machining on motors. Ive used it before and it worked awesome for me!

I have no personal experience but have been told by a friend that Simple Green works great on his set-up. :confused2:

Thanks. I had heard of Simple Green but that it would eat Aluminum or leave a residue if used too strong or long or not thoroughly rinsed out.

Hadn't heard about Mr Clean but soon as I mentioned it my wife said she thought it would work great.... Residue Proof ???? I wonder, may be it is.

I use Chemcret 2003 it works decent but I can not say its the best since I have not tried to many things. Patmax told me about some stuff a shop by him uses but I lost the email & forgot the name so I have not tried it yet.

I used simple green on mine with the larger harbor freight cleaner. I diluted slime about 5:1 ratio with water.

Took multiple runs, but they ended up very clean.

Picture of bodies after cleaning. I also did a 20 minute dip in Berryman's gallon can carb cleaner. They were not in real bad shape, but far worse than they ended up being.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01227s.JPG
    DSC01227s.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 24
Cool, thanks for the further info. Now I can research some choices...:clapping:

Back