Anyone pretty proficient with 1st Gen Carbs in the Dalls/Ftw area?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I wonder if anyone can answer this real quick...with the stage 7 needles, do you dispense with the plastic spacer (the one with the little index tit on it)on the slide side of the needle? the Dynojet instructions don't show this piece

You still keep that piece. There is a little tit that has to fit into the slide itself.

Got it...After I posted that I double checked and it is in fact shown on the breakdown

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey Triple, I just finshed up my carbs last night. I can stop by with my Motion pro sync and I have the original needles left over from when I installed the stage 1 stuff. Just let me know, I am basically right done the street.

I would say use them. I know that Sean has had very good luck with his muscle jet kit, using the DJ jets...and using the stock needles.

Hey Triple, I just finshed up my carbs last night. I can stop by with my Motion pro sync and I have the original needles left over from when I installed the stage 1 stuff. Just let me know, I am basically right done the street.

Thanks man, think I'm done for the evening...cold beer thirty, made some progress, Im happy for the moment

Im gonna pull that huge jet out in a few days and put the stage7 needles back in...maybe we can make an event out of it

Ok, sounds good, you've got me number.. I wish we had an O2 sensor on these things so we could read AFR's and get it dialed in perfectly.

UPDATE:: Made some good progress, bike is rideable again, only a slight hint of softness in the midrange...much better than it was before I started. Still have some tinkering to do before I'm satisfied but good enough for now

what ill probably do next is go one down on the main to dj165 and try the stage 7 needles again

where I'm at is
DJ170
Stage 1 Clipped at 5 from the blunt end...crazy but thats where it runs the best so far

Thanks so much guys, Especially Trauma who was kind enough to give me a call and explain the Jet/Needle relationship to me..he was supremely helpful

I have an 85 and am currently rebuilding the carbs. I am looking for a sync tool and maybe a few instructions or help on doing it as well I am in the Waco, Tx area if anyone is close around I'm super excited about restoring the bike. My Father bought it new in 85 and has been stored most of its life. Only has 3900 miles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be happy to make a trip down to see you once school is over. I'm working on fixing mine up still, too. Welcome to the forum. There are a TON of great guys on here. PM me or post on here if there's other stuff you need.

Hi guys, like the post title says, does anyone know of an individual or outfit in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that can tune my bike, I have had it for a month or so, figured out a bunch of little issues with it but I need someone experienced to look at it, If I had the time or the patience I'm sure I could do it myself but since I have neither and want to avoid taking it to the Yammie dealer I was hoping someone around could help. My next step would be to pull them and send them to Danny but I'd be missing out on serious riding time if I did that besides, I'm pretty sure adjustment is all I need, PO says that the carbs were went over a few years ago

Im pretty sure all my ills can be fixed by someone who knows what they are doing in a minimal amount of time as they don't seem to be major problems.

in a nutshell
Low speed is fine ,Midrange is soft, WOT pulls like a gorilla, surges and rough at steady state highway cruise...Definitely gets worse as it warms up

Dynojet stage 7
Kerker 4 into 1
K&N pods

I did find the problem that was causing serious popping on decel...the carb boots were very loose and not sealing very well... seems to run alot better after I fixed that

What Im really interested in is not necessarily MAX power but I want t he whole package I just want it to run good consistently...which is not happening now

Thanks all
Just read most of your thread. Wanted to say that "surging" is an indication of a lean condition. Rick

Latest posts

Back