AR-15 Pistol? Opinions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about building one with the Sig arm brace in the future, still would primarily be a rifle in use but it negates the need for the sbr tax stamp. I'm thinking 300 blackout if I do because 5.56 loses its ass with such a short barrel and I've already got 2 AR's in 5.56 anyway lol

I'm thinking about building one with the Sig arm brace in the future, still would primarily be a rifle in use but it negates the need for the sbr tax stamp. I'm thinking 300 blackout if I do because 5.56 loses its ass with such a short barrel and I've already got 2 AR's in 5.56 anyway lol

I do not know the rules yet but I think once a lower has been built as a pistol you can't convert it to a rifle, or vice versa. Still not sure about all the rules though. I'm sure Dave or
Someone would know though.

I do not know the rules yet but I think once a lower has been built as a pistol you can't convert it to a rifle, or vice versa. Still not sure about all the rules though. I'm sure Dave or
Someone would know though.
Perfectly legal, that's why there's been a rush on the Sig brace lol

Well with the SIG brace when you add it to the pistol, it's still a pistol according to ATF certification letters for the SIG brace. That's why it's hot right now cause folks are able to use the brace on their shoulder. Not its intended purpose, Avoiding the whole SBR paper work. I feel sure that sig brace is going to lose ATF certification one of these days.

If you add a true butt stock or a vertical folding fore grip to a pistol you just created an illegal short barreled rifle unless you get paper on it.

The part I'm not sure on is turning a rifle into a pistol and vice versa.
Everything I hear is once it's been built as a rifle you can not make a pistol out of it, I'm talking here about non papered items, not AOW or SBR etc papered stuff.

Had not seen the Sig brace before, slick product for getting around SBR stamp. Going to pick one up asap before they disappear. Don't have any AR pistols anymore but love the excuse to build another :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well with the SIG brace when you add it to the pistol, it's still a pistol according to ATF certification letters for the SIG brace. That's why it's hot right now cause folks are able to use the brace on their shoulder. Not its intended purpose, Avoiding the whole SBR paper work. I feel sure that sig brace is going to lose ATF certification one of these days.

If you add a true butt stock or a vertical folding fore grip to a pistol you just created an illegal short barreled rifle unless you get paper on it.

The part I'm not sure on is turning a rifle into a pistol and vice versa.
Everything I hear is once it's been built as a rifle you can not make a pistol out of it, I'm talking here about non papered items, not AOW or SBR etc papered stuff.
But you can run an afg on it and still be legal, that one in the pic on Facebook I tagged you in is pretty much exactly what I want to build in 300 blackout. As far as the atf going back on the arm brace, everyone said the same thing about the slidefire too but so far so good. The whole NFA is garbage now that we have background checks anyway so they just need to repeal it along with the Hughes amendment, it's bullshit that law abiding citizens gotta jump through hoops and go broke buying arms that we have a natural right to in the first damn place.

Something like these? (I would LOVE to have the top one)

Luger%20carbines%20and%20Artillery%20model%20with%20stock.jpg

I've never owned an AR or anything that shoots 223 but I've shot a few. How long is the barrel?

Seems like the muzzle flash would be blinding as I would think that only a fraction of the powder would be used before the bullet exited the barrel. Just wondering. Seems like a 9mm or especially a 10 mm semi/burst/full would be more effective in close quarters.

The muzzle blast is pretty severe but I'd say no worse than a 1-3/4" barrel .357, haha, that's pretty severe.
It's going to need one of those "PIGS" or something to tame the flash too.
I think a pistol in 458 SOCOM would be awesome though. 350-600 grain bullet that move maybe 1600-1000 feet per second.
The barrel is 6.5"

Back