Are you a "Biker?"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a biker???

• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Yes (with exception)

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Max01red

Reaction score
I was talking about this with a few freinds of mine at work last night and it got me thinking......While I've ridden Motorcycles for most of my life, I never considered myself a "biker", to me that implies Harley ridder......

so since we all own bikes and not Harleys, I was wondering if you considered yourselves to be bikers, and what the label of biker means to you....

Yes (with exception)
IMHO....Harley's suck ass!
(actually its the majority of the owners..... act like THEIR bikes are better and their shit don't stink!
(p.s......I DO fuck on the 1st date....pass it around....lol)

I've had the pleasure and pain for riding motorcycles for 45 years and NEVER considered myself a "biker".
For my $0.02 about what a biker is:

*An individual who uses a motorcycle as an "extension" of thier personality.
*An individual who expresses individuality but dresses like and rides the same bike as many other "bikers".
*A small number of these individuals are real buttheads that give the rest of us riders a bad name.

Yes, but I don't consider a biker to be like "anything" however, I think many bikers ride HD because they feel its more of a bikers bike... If you love to ride, talk, sleep bikes - no matter what bike ya ride, your a biker. Its like saying that - tatoos are just for bikers and earings are just for fags. :rofl_200:

Not true....You are who you are. We like what we like. Not all bikers and bad guys, and not all guys that wear earing(s) are queer.

I do have tats and I don't have any earings. I guess that makes me a biker then ?

Last edited:
I always considered a "biker" as someone who was part of a bike gang.

lol typical US biker mentality here.

Things are very different down here. Bikers are the ones who ride everyday when possible, sometimes they have a bike that looks like several others (was a time not long ago I knew 8 guys all riding custard colloured k3 GSXR1000s that all lived in Auckland....)
Sometimes they ride something totally different to what anyone else has (like me on my VMax. I only know of 5 other Vmax riders in the whole country and mine is the only 85 full hp model)

bears club riders are the wannabes. THey only ride when the weather is nice, they spend more time polishing thier bikes than riding them or have them in the shop every other weekend to be fixed, get more chrome bolted on or so called performance parts.

Granted there are a minority that fit the harley rider description when they ride jappas and some bears fit the biker catagory.

So am I a biker? Fuck yea I am.

Like Lew, I've been riding for over 45 years now and never felt like I do now, addicted to the power, can't wait to ride and enjoy the freedom biking affords. Biker? Not before the Max but now I could live on it.:thumbs up:

To anyone who is a "biker"
what's the deal with the small brass bell mounted on your motorcycle?

Maybe I'm dumb for not knowing, but I usually ride alone.

Hi maxin,
The little brass bell is like a rabbits foot, a good luck charm to ward off the " road deamons" ( as I hear it from the hardly crowd ). It has to be mounted low on the bike, close to the road. You can't buy it yourself though---- It has to be a gift.

Lew

Sheeeeeeyaaaat.

Road Demons? :ummm:
if that's the case, then I'm gonna hang a can of seafoam from my oil filter, for the "Carb Demons.":angry flame devil:

Hi maxin,
The little brass bell is like a rabbits foot, a good luck charm to ward off the " road deamons" ( as I hear it from the hardly crowd ). It has to be mounted low on the bike, close to the road. You can't buy it yourself though---- It has to be a gift.

Lew

There's a story somewhere on that where it actually had some meaning when given as an accessory.

It's somehwat of a yuppie biker fashion trend now.....

Actually, I have come to believe that their little bell is there to ring it's ass off when I blow by them on the Max and they catch my draft.... but since I passed them so fast they just thought it was a demon in black....

:rocket bike:

I have 41 years in the saddle now, and STILL get pissed off when some moron calls me "Biker Bill"!

The carb gremiln line was great! Spoken like a true VMaxxer!

I got my first bike that you shift when I was 4-years-old. When I was a baby, my father was a motorcycle cop at the time and used to come home at my nap time and lay me down on his tank and cirlce the block a couple of times til I fell asleep.

I'm now 40 and as long as I can remember I have never been without a bike. But, when I hear the word biker I think of the stereotypical harley rider. So when I'm asked if I concider myself a biker I have to say no. I'm more of a bike worshiper, I really don't care what you ride. I live to ride. if it has two wheels, be it a vintage cushman, vespa to the modern day crotch rocket, I can see the fun in them all. I remember at the drags up here, me and a friend dragging lil 50cc pit bikes just for the hell of it :)

I guess I would consider myself a "rider". I don't care who I ride with as long the idea is to ride and not stop every 10 miles! To me a biker has the image of hardley and/or biker gang.

I have always found that I'd prefer to let others that are, make that assumption about me.

In years past, I have known and ridden with many that are...family type club members, 1%'ers, loners, if they all ride and love it, then they are all 'bikers' to me.

What can iritate me real quick, is the attitude that just because one may CHOOSE to ride a chopped HD, dedicate your life to a club, and wear colors, that you're some kind of a dumbass retard...bad mistake! If you don't understand their chosen lifestyle, best for your own sake, just keep your distance, and leave 'em alone...

Uncle Philthy

alot of but not all of stereo types with " ER" at the end has 3 basic classes:smileystooges:

1)ONEER the ones that didnt get off the tit of their mothER soon enought and need to have some kind of security,usually look like they r wearing a 200# sack over a 10#body hasnt done most of what they say they have

2)TWOER a layed back, kinda easy going kinda person most of the time,may or may not follow trends, does it for them or maybe someone else, stays out of trouble most of the time lives life to the fullest and sometimes on the edge.

3)THREEER one that will eat the butt hole out of a roadkill opposum just to prove a point, wont help a little old lady across the street but will push her out into oncomin traffic, and most likely has eaten their first born.

myself, Im a fathER, speedER, trappER,dodge truckER,fightER, huntER, fu**ER, quadER, workER,snowmanbuildER,toolthrowER,shoppER,smokER,
drinkER ,in sta gate t ER,LOL just to name a few of the "ER"S,
mess with any of the above 3 at the wrong time and ya just might end up in the ER
TALK AT YENS LATER, BE SAFE:cheers:

Last edited:
Back