Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would someone please recommend what they think is the "best" Gen1 repair manual? Thanks.

Hello,
New VMax owner here in AL. It's an '85 and in what I'd call in mostly stock survivor condition. I've wanted one for a long time and so far I'm loving it.

I've got a quick question. Are the rear marker lights supposed to be lit when running? Mine are not. They do flash when the blinkers are on. Thanks.

Hello,
New VMax owner here in AL. It's an '85 and in what I'd call in mostly stock survivor condition. I've wanted one for a long time and so far I'm loving it.

I've got a quick question. Are the rear marker lights supposed to be lit when running? Mine are not. They do flash when the blinkers are on. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.
As far as the lights.fronts always lit. Rear are turn indicators only.
I think.

Just picked up my 2006 VMAX 1200 last night after pining after one for 13 years. Had other bike but just never could get that look out of my head. Ca;t wait to put more miles on her. Looking for friends in Oklahoma.

Attachments

• vamc.jpg
    vamc.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 12
Just picked up my 2006 Vmax on Tues. Plated last night and got a couple rides in so far. LOVE IT! Been my dream bike for at least 5 years.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi.
New owner here in UK.
Got a 1989 model, Laser end cans, twin headlights, some kind of different scoops and false tank too.
Got a few bits to sort on it, carbs spluttering at low revs and slow starter, but I’ll have fun messing with it.
Chris.

Attachments

• C3FBD545-3865-4CA2-94AD-0DAD7BDCEE14.jpeg
    C3FBD545-3865-4CA2-94AD-0DAD7BDCEE14.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 14
  • D1D88C3D-D2DA-40FD-91C0-45BF48EE5605.jpeg
    D1D88C3D-D2DA-40FD-91C0-45BF48EE5605.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi all.
A new -96 model owner here from Finland. Just got the bike a month ago and I'm waiting to get some work done on it(not in very good shape). Will be doing a lot of reading here.
Thanks br Raul

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi Guys .. I had a 1990 v max but lately Ihave purchased a v boost model .. just wanted to ask that VIN reads 2LT .. can some one guide me what it stands for .. the earlier one had a 3UF ... the guy who sold me claims it to be a 2002 model
Regards

Hi Guys.. I have purchased 2000 Vmax for clean, polish, and resale. But when I start work on this bike I am falling in love with him. So now my Mt09 going to be sell, and Vmax stay. :)

Hello all
New to the site, but not a new owner. I have a 07 Vmax that I bought new in December 07. (built in June 07.) All original with 4200 miles. I actually just replaced the original tires last week. lol Never had much time to ride in the past, but really started riding more this year. I have found this site very informative so far and will be checking in frequently.

Hello all, newish vmax trike owner. I part exchanged a yamaha 750 Hard tail trike for it. The vmax is an early Canadian import to the UK. The engine was goosed when I bought it -I suspected a holed piston. Well its now in a million bits - yes one piston has a chunk out of it, two liners have had it, the rest looks ok.
So I'm in the process of rebuilding it...

Sorry, I'm in the UK, Wales to be precis(ish).

New to the site and looking for a bike. Interested in a Vmax for the power but unsure about the chassis since I'm reading how small they are for taller/larger riders. I'm what I read here is a re-entry rider. Have been away from the sport since the 80's. I'm learning....

Lots to chose from out there and i've got a couple of 85's available (near Wichita but can ship). They are tall with the stock seat but with a lowered seat can accomodate shorter riders (we offer the seat mods). There are lowering kits and shorter shocks available too. We'd have as short as 5'3" setup on one. The chassis is a bit flimsy but there are plenty of mods to upgrade that as well. If you're used to 80's bikes then the chassis will feel just fine lol. If you have ridden sport bikes then no so much.

If you're looking for a gen 2 Vmax then they are even taller feeling but again there are things to do to make it more comfortable for the shorter rider. They also don't have the chassis issues but of course they are more expensive to buy.

Lots to chose from out there and i've got a couple of 85's available (near Wichita but can ship). They are tall with the stock seat but with a lowered seat can accomodate shorter riders (we offer the seat mods). There are lowering kits and shorter shocks available too. We'd have as short as 5'3" setup on one. The chassis is a bit flimsy but there are plenty of mods to upgrade that as well. If you're used to 80's bikes then the chassis will feel just fine lol. If you have ridden sport bikes then no so much.

If you're looking for a gen 2 Vmax then they are even taller feeling but again there are things to do to make it more comfortable for the shorter rider. They also don't have the chassis issues but of course they are more expensive to buy.
I didn't really get my point across very well but used to that! I personally am tall and large so worried the bikes are too small for me. Not looking for a cross country tourer but a fun bike to cruise on locally. The Gen 2 is more appealing only because of fuel injection. I think the last bike I had was a Kaw GPZ 1100 with FI. A windshield is also on my wish list but rode a Gold Wing and while it was comfy no fun. Appreciate your help.

I,m 70 years old, I,ve had many bikes over the years, and bought my second VMAX this July. It,s a 2007, and had 881 miles on it when I bought it. It now has around 1600 miles on it. I,m Canadian, but the bike is an American bike, that was imported into Canada around 2009. It runs great, but at my age, I,m more into convertible cars like Mustangs, Corvettes and Monster Miatas, so I will probably be listing it for sale in the spring, at a high asking price. I have added a small windshield and engine protection bars to the bike, and a few other bolt on goodies. I have also changed the back lighting on the gauges to red, but kept the original bulbs. I have done nothing to the bike that cannot be returned to the original stock condition that it can with.The bike is in excellent shape, and has zero dings, scratches or pitting on any of the chrome exhaust parts. It still has the original tires on it, and they look like new, but of course, they should be changed out if the new owner is actually going to be putting miles on this collector bike.

Bonjour à tous, je viens d'acheter un Vmax carbone de 2000, au fil du surf j'ai découvert votre forum qui est très intéressant.

How's everyone doing? New to V-max's, but I've been riding for years. Just sold my 83 CB900C and looking for something new. A local dealer is making me a deal on an 93 that has caught my attention. Looking forward to any advice!

Back