Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the links ninjaneer, looks like i'm due for some reading now.
Found a Clymers manual on e-bay for $25 shipped so now I wait patiently.

Hi all
I am a new member from germany,
I drive v-max since 1997.
i have one nearly orginal vmax,
and one with chain and fuel-injection.
my english is not so good,but i try my very best...

hello to all.

Hello all!
i'm a little bit late in doing this, i've had my max since last november, been too busy riding, as somehow this thing puts a bigger smile on my face than the computer does. I am a "retired" sportbike guy. i've always had cbr's done a little drag racing on them. great bikes, but i'm 6'2" and my knees aren't getting any younger, so it was time to find something a little more comfy. i turned wrenches for Mid America powersports (big dealer here in Wichita) for a few years about 9 or 10 years ago, and was lucky enough to get to ride about everything, albeit nicely as most were customers bikes, and never got to hammer down on a v-max. always liked them for a "cruiser" but they were a cruiser. and i can't stand the way Hardly's and the clones stop, go, and turn. I had always heard my dad (lifelong bike guy, had about everything in his garage at some point or another) talk about how the max was probably more than anyone really needed, i remember when i was little (i was born only 3 years before the max first came out) and we'd go to the bike shop and he'd talk about how brutally fast they are. but the pretty plastic on the ninja's and cbr's always looked so much faster. I'm glad i stuck with the CBR's for a while, everyone has to learn with training wheels right? :) even more glad i found the max at Bobz bikes in kingman ks. (great people there! highly recommended!!!) it didn't take half a mile for me to decide this was THE bike. i had to have it!
so.... one CBR and a little cash later and i was on my way home at 38 degrees on my new toy.
Currently the max is awaiting parts to arrive so i can rebuild the clutch slave cylinder. so while mr. post man brings the goodies, i sit here and contemplate what is next. it's pretty much stock right now, Cobra slip ons :( sound and look decent, but they may have to make room for a full system. luckily i'm about a 15 minute drive from Sean Morley. i have yet to contact him, but i think there may be some brake upgrade, and possibly some stage 7 magic soon. i haven't decided yet what all i'm going to do. so if anyone has suggestions, let me know. i'll need something to do this winter. :)

Just a Quick Hello..Anthony Hardie from Japan.. lived out here for about 20 years.. big fan of the V-Max, Done my second Ironbutt run on a V-Max a couple of years ago.. Will Try and post some of bikes up and the touring:eusa_dance: i do out here...

New member here, and am looking for any maxers around the Madison WI area. I have an 85 vmax with the blown motor pulled out and a new 200 motor going in hopefully this week. Doing all the work myself so I am looking for an expierienced vmaxer incase I need some tuning done. Also looking to go the almighty nitrous route at sometime and looking for someone that knows what they are doing. Hello to all of you here!

Hey all , billy here ,just wanted to thank everyone here for there input bought an 85 max this spring that was less than perfect, thanks to you all and learning my manual like a bible ,this thing is running like diamonds !!!!!!!

Hey, Chris here from Montreal. Just bought an 04 VMAX! It was love at first sight.
Have fun riding and be safe!
:punk:

Attachments

• VMAX.jpg
    VMAX.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 21
Just joined myself.

Last week I purchased my first V-Max. Been wanting one for years. Fall is in the air here (Rochester, NY) and I was able to get a great deal on a nice 1997 with only 15k miles.

Bike has a stage 7 Jet Kit, high performance clutch, UFO fork brace, Kerker slip-ons, billet turn signals, foot pegs and grips, LED tail light, Corbin seat, K/N filters, drag bars, new tires. Plus I carried home with the bike a bunch of extra stuff in a box: leather tank bra, leather fork bag, Yamaha leather saddle bags; back rest; fly screen; original parts (original seat, signals, tail light, clutch, footpegs, etc.).

Great shape in and out.

Got the bike for 3600 which I think is a very good deal. :clapping:

It sounds great and screams. I've put some 200 miles on it and have yet to really open her up.

I do IRC chat and was wondering why no one has been in the chat rooms the two times I've gone in.

Regards,

T. Bartolucci

Hi all
A quick intro Have had 89 Vmax for nearly 6 years now so thought it was about time to get in touch with like minded folks.
I am in my early 60s and have been riding on n off since the mid 60s so have seen a few changes over that time.I am in semi wind down mode at work as a contract mechanical engineer bto a major infrastructure service provider in N.Z. Other rides are currently 98 GSXR1100 Limited Edition Yoshi and working on a resto 88 CBR1000F project. 4 wheel weakness is of the Jaguar persuasion I have a 3.8 Mk2 and wife has a V12 Etype so as you can imagine I tend to keep fairly busy and dont very often have clean fingernails.

Hi @ all from Germany
My name is George and i am 48 Years old. I found your page in Facebook and i try to get a lot of Infos and Conversation about the V-Max

Sorry about my bad English, but i only learned it at shool nearly 35 years ago.

My V-Max is customized with Deget prepared Original Wheels ( 12,5" x 18 with 300 Rear and 6,5" x18 with 180 Front, Suzuki GSX-R Fork and Breakes, Kurzweil Performance 12cm longer Swing Arm and a lot of Parts from other Tuners ( Koni, Big Bike, M?rz, E.Schwarz ).

Hi @ all from Germany
My name is George and i am 48 Years old. I found your page in Facebook and i try to get a lot of Infos and Conversation about the V-Max

Sorry about my bad English, but i only learned it at shool nearly 35 years ago.

My V-Max is customized with Deget prepared Original Wheels ( 12,5" x 18 with 300 Rear and 6,5" x18 with 180 Front, Suzuki GSX-R Fork and Breakes, Kurzweil Performance 12cm longer Swing Arm and a lot of Parts from other Tuners ( Koni, Big Bike, M?rz, E.Schwarz ).

Willkommen George und nicht ?ber Ihre Englischkenntnisse zu k?mmern. Die Leute in diesem Forum sind sehr tolerant V-Max-Liebhaber mit gro?em Herzen :punk:

(Welcome George and do not worry about your English skills. People at this forum are most tolerant V-Max lovers with big heart :punk:)

Back