Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from the East Coast, N.C. here. I got a sweet deal on a 93 V and am in the process of detailing, customizing & having some fun with! I have owned a 90 before and have missed it. Now I have something to play with.

I start with a bike someone spent $ on with extra chrome work, but the previous owner left it outside for 2 years unprotected in the weather. I have it tore down and have the following ideas for it.

Corbin seat purchased off ebay, needs recovering which means I will be reforming & recovering it.

86 front wheel, chromed to match rear. I like this wheel design.

Exhaust, I have a Hindle 4 into 1 header, probably custom bend the rear and install some type of can...

small tribal flames on false tank around the logo, custom paint.

Progressive drop shocks in rear & shimming rear fender down 1/2". drop springs up front.

Custom bars, lighting and such.

I guess I will be doing a street custom on a budget. Anyway, browesed a few blogs and this site looks very informative.

Welcome! Have the brakes been tinkered with at all? A lot of guys upgrade to R1/Busa calipers. At the very least, get yourself some EBC HH pads. And make sure you take lots of pics! We want before/afters

This bike is a DRUG and I am addicted.

I am an FNG (F'ing new guy) to the Vmax. I have an '85 V65 Sabre(gonna ship the engine to AZ for stage3 kit). Vmax has always been on my short list of bikes that I would like to own. Concourse and custom chopper are the other two, that's it .

I was passing some time 'till the gun shop opened 2 Sat's ago. Went into the Yamaha place right down the street. Saw this 2002 Carbon fiber sitting there with $6000 sticker price. Had 2,100 miles(first owner had 6 bikes and was afraid of this one), T-boost(still have not hit that switch yet), fan switch, oil press and Volt gauges. Said I'll give you $5200. He said $5500, they delivered it two days later. I would have given him $7000. This thing is imacculate.

Never thought it would be this much more power than I had. I mean, Damn. If I did not have gloves on this thing would have come out of my hands and over the I-79 bridge into the Ohio river, not kidding. My V65 must be running poorly or something. I thought I was only getting a few more ponies( or are they lying?)

Love the power. Hate the seat. I knew this coming in, but like the power thing you never really know 'till you get on one. It corners better than people say. It's a friggin' Cruiser for cryin' out loud. You wanna flick a 600 in and out of S's, buy a 600. Just don't be in my way when we come out of the corner.

Thank you, everyone for this great resource. I intend to soak as much knowledge from you guys as possible.

James
Pittsburgh, PA

GO STEELERS

This bike is a DRUG and I am addicted.

I am an FNG (F'ing new guy) to the Vmax. I have an '85 V65 Sabre(gonna ship the engine to AZ for stage3 kit). Vmax has always been on my short list of bikes that I would like to own. Concourse and custom chopper are the other two, that's it .

I was passing some time 'till the gun shop opened 2 Sat's ago. Went into the Yamaha place right down the street. Saw this 2002 Carbon fiber sitting there with $6000 sticker price. Had 2,100 miles(first owner had 6 bikes and was afraid of this one), T-boost(still have not hit that switch yet), fan switch, oil press and Volt gauges. Said I'll give you $5200. He said $5500, they delivered it two days later. I would have given him $7000. This thing is imacculate.

Never thought it would be this much more power than I had. I mean, Damn. If I did not have gloves on this thing would have come out of my hands and over the I-79 bridge into the Ohio river, not kidding. My V65 must be running poorly or something. I thought I was only getting a few more ponies( or are they lying?)

Love the power. Hate the seat. I knew this coming in, but like the power thing you never really know 'till you get on one. It corners better than people say. It's a friggin' Cruiser for cryin' out loud. You wanna flick a 600 in and out of S's, buy a 600. Just don't be in my way when we come out of the corner.

Thank you, everyone for this great resource. I intend to soak as much knowledge from you guys as possible.

James
Pittsburgh, PA

GO STEELERS
FNG or not I like ya already! GO STEELERS
Welcome to the site, you have a couple fellow Vmaxers in your neck of the woods. Glad to have ya aboard!

Went and looked at the 98. Twas a super POS. I spent a few hours in a traffic jam on my Spyder with my wife to be tremendously dissappointed. Why,oh why, cant people be half way honest over the phone amazes me.:bang head:

But, all is not lost. I ve found two more, one another 98 with some mild mods done to it. This guy emailed me some huge high rez pics which was a real plus.

Max no 2 is a 2000 year with 5900 miles. THIS one is close enough for me to be able to ride and look at easily.

One way or another, I will be getting one . I just have to be patient. And be willing to put up a few extra bucks.

The 98 is $4600 and the 2K is listed at $5800. The 2K one has original tires. This may be a point I may be able to dicker over...ten year old tires.

Anyway, I ll be back with pics eventually. Thanks for the great site and forum.

Brad in WA

When I sold my Honda Shadow I took some video clips and posted them on YouTube. I also had high-res pics of all angles to send to people from a distance that were interested. I know a lot of people think that posting a vid clip is way too technical and takes way too much time, but its really pretty simple. Anyway, I feel your frustration with dickheads that misrepresent what they are selling and getting you to drive hours just to find that out.

Hi everyone I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post. I am from Tauranga New Zealand and have liked the Vmax since my mate next door brought his 98 a few years ago. I own a 94 max which I brought off a another mate 5 weeks ago and have put 1000 miles on it so far, it is my first real bike and I love it (down here they stick you on a 250 until you get a full licence), at dam near 50 people think I'm mad but you only live once and you might as well do it with a Vmax under you. The bike has had a couple of mods with progressive springs up front, T boost, screen and heated handgrips for those winter rides. This is a great site, very informative and fun to read, keep it up.

Hi everyone I joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post. I am from Tauranga New Zealand and have liked the Vmax since my mate next door brought his 98 a few years ago. I own a 94 max which I brought off a another mate 5 weeks ago and have put 1000 miles on it so far, it is my first real bike and I love it (down here they stick you on a 250 until you get a full licence), at dam near 50 people think I'm mad but you only live once and you might as well do it with a Vmax under you. The bike has had a couple of mods with progressive springs up front, T boost, screen and heated handgrips for those winter rides. This is a great site, very informative and fun to read, keep it up.

:welcome_sign:to the forum! :cheers:

Hi all, joined a few months ago and I've been lurking around learning all I can about the Vmax. This is a great forum and very helpful. I've purchased a metallic blue '86 awhile back and have been slowly reviving it. I bought it with known trans problems but for $1k I couldn't pass it up. One word of advice, buy new parts when dealing with the transmissions. I've done been into mine once and am having to do it again. It gave me a chance to clean and repaint everything though. Here's a few pics of the before and after of my engine and my progress on the rest of the bike. Dano
oldpaint2.jpg

oldpaint.jpg

newpaint2.jpg

pixs003.jpg

Hi,
Not a new member but not visiteted in long time,lotta cool stuff on THIS site.
I am hoping to find someone with a wildbros EFI system that I could compare notes with. I bought I bike from a friend of mine with this system on it ,and while its better tuned then when I got it I think theres room for improvement.
ITs a PCW 1260 w/wb efi 130 rwhp 84lbs trq.looking for help on correction table(cold weather starts) and throttle responce #s .any one with this system id love to talk with you,maybe I have info that could help you? but I hope someone out there can help me . thanks

Twistedmax

hey man, can't help wit the EFI, but wondering where u are in mass?

rode to rice o rama with mike ,rode home alone ,bike runing for &%^$# took it to tunner down 17 hp ,iv been playing with it since might hav e it gotten today ,ill find out tomorrow going to marcus dairy.

Last edited:
we have a winner! mine was the blue one,did it sound that bad leaving?

we have a winner! mine was the blue one,did it sound that bad leaving?

Haha!! I didn't hear it man, had to leave early with Mike and crew so they could lead me out of that cobweb of roads!! :biglaugh:

You got a nice looking ride there, very sharp!!

My '06 was over by Dave's VMOA table.

Prolly see you somewhere along the 4 States Run on the 17th!! :punk:

Welcome to the forum. :eusa_dance: Well....belated welcome!!

thanks on the welcome.like to catch that four state run in putnum,cool biker destinnation there ,the vinilla bean,could see any bike there on any given weekend. GREAT twisty turnies from there to major intetstates,

Back