Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy guys!

I'm new here and thought I'd stop by to introduce myself. I'm from Northern Ohio and have been riding since I was a kid. Just got my first Vmax ('92, 16,500 miles) a couple weeks ago after a buddy from work told me all about his. When I took a test drive on mine, I was speechless. When the Vboost kicked in, I just knew I had to have it.

So anyways, here I am a few weeks later (still alive :punk:) and I'm planning a trip to either Deal's Gap or Northern Michigan in early July. I love the power but hate the small tank because I do have an interest in touring...
Anyone got a write up on fabricating some extra gas tank holders?:biglaugh:

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome 4W4.......Glad you could join us!........I hear there is a VMOA meet in Three Rivers Mi "Southern Mi" July 8-9-10, Even though I'm not a member yet I plan on attending and experiencing a Max Fest!............hope you can join us!............................Tom.

Hello Everyone!

I am a new member and wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I live here in Northern VA and am looking for some folks to ride with. I have been a major fan of the VMAX since I first seen one maybe back in the early 90's. I purchased a 94 with 30k miles recently and have been loving life ever since.

Your site has already answered several questions regarding the best battery to buy and even helped me sovle an electrical issue.

Thanks to all!!

Welcome Maximo , lots of good people on here and Vmax encyclopedia of info for Max for free. Post up sometimes and if you really want to look cool posting, a small donation will get you one of these beside your user name....

Last edited:
Hi Vmax nuts -
I just picked up my first Max, an all stock '92 with 20k miles. It's been on my wish list for quite a while and will fit it nicely with my other bikes, a CBX and a bunch of 84-85 Kawasaki factory turbo's. I just sold an FJR, rc51, and sv650. I think I just prefer '80's styled stuff.
The Vmax will need a little tweaking so I'll be browsing around to see what folks like for exhaust, bars, etc. and where you all like to buy (favorite vendors).
Cheers.

2011-06-13_22-40-10_858.jpg

cbx-gpz.jpg

511_3.jpg

0918101412.jpg

Welcome 4W4K3, ther is a write up from someone who had Sean Morley fabricate an added piece to their original tak which gave him about a gallon xtra fuel. If I can find it I will send the link to ya later this evening. Her is a link related to larger tank:http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16531&highlight=larger+fuel+tank

Howdy guys!

I'm new here and thought I'd stop by to introduce myself. I'm from Northern Ohio and have been riding since I was a kid. Just got my first Vmax ('92, 16,500 miles) a couple weeks ago after a buddy from work told me all about his. When I took a test drive on mine, I was speechless. When the Vboost kicked in, I just knew I had to have it.

So anyways, here I am a few weeks later (still alive :punk:) and I'm planning a trip to either Deal's Gap or Northern Michigan in early July. I love the power but hate the small tank because I do have an interest in touring...
Anyone got a write up on fabricating some extra gas tank holders?:biglaugh:

Nice to meet you all!

Thanks!
Those things are loads of fun - factory fuel injection with a racemode pre-engineered into the ecu that turns off all those annoying safety features allowing you to crank up loads of boost. I still have the first one I bought 20 years ago and now it makes 202hp at 25psi. The blue one in the pic has zx6r front & rear suspension, a composite fuel cel moulded from an original tank, and a zx6r digital guage in a custom billet housing.
I have just become quickly addicted to the sound and grunt of the Vmax and am looking forward to racking up miles on it. I already love it far more than the v65 I had.

Howdy all. The quest I've had most of my adult life finally came to fruition on Saturday.

I was able to finally get myself Vmax. 2006 specifically. I'm in love. Feel like the bike and I were seperated at birth. Attaching a picture. The picture shows it with the forward controls (which I removed and put back to stock ASAP). Bike is damn near flawless.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 06vmx-1.jpg
    06vmx-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 06vmx-2.jpg
    06vmx-2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 06vmx-3.jpg
    06vmx-3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26
Howdy all. The quest I've had most of my adult life finally came to fruition on Saturday.

I was able to finally get myself Vmax. 2006 specifically. I'm in love. Feel like the bike and I were seperated at birth. Attaching a picture. The picture shows it with the forward controls (which I removed and put back to stock ASAP). Bike is damn near flawless.

Thanks!

are you sure that that's not a model or photoshopped ::rofl_200:. it's absolutely gorgeous :eusa_dance: congrats. and welcome to the forum :punk:

images%5Cwow.gif

Thanks!

That is a great looking bike for sure, something to be proud of. Ride it often and don't forget to put fuel stabilizer in it during the winter months when you are not able to ride. Welcome to the forum.............

Hey all. I have not rode/owned a motorcycle in almost 12 years and have only owned a Honda CB750 built into a custom chopper. It had a lot of engine work done to get the most out if it and it was a pretty good ride. I grew up riding the dirt bikes of course for many years starting on the Honda Z50 when I was about eight. I had the CB750 for about four years and have never really had the chance of owning a motorcycle again with all of life's 'excuses' not to like college, being broke, then young family, etc etc. My brother always had the bike and occasionally my father so I had the once or twice a year borrowed short spins on a bike.

So I decided it was time and went out and got a 1996 Vmax and just registered it today. I am not one to be intimidated by all the power and talk of the Vmax not being for beginners and all. I actually at first wanted to get a rice rocket but I wanted to have the ability to carry (comfortably) a passenger more. I have ridden motorcycles all my life and know for me to get excited about it all I had to have some power under the me. So I took it out after work for what I thought would be just a half hour getting used to riding again and feeling out the new (to me) bike. Well, three hours later I get back home seriously bummed I had to park it. This bike is awesome. What I cannot for the life of me figure out though is why the hell people are buying all these other bikes I see on the road and not a Vmax!?!? Haha! I really feel sorry for them. I kid of course, but I am lovin this machine.

Welcome to all new members! You've discovered the absolute BEST Forum online, PERIOD! :punk:

Last edited:
Welcome to all new members! You've discovered the absolute BEST Forum online, PERIOD! :punk:

+1. and it's not a biased opinion. you will find the friendliest, most supportful, most knowledgable, and most helpful bunch of maxers anywhere. i have yet to see a day pass without responses to questions.

Latest posts

Back