Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gamorg2, didn't realize it was an aftermarket rotor.. cool! The PO told me all those parts came through UFO, so maybe start there?

Tugla, I was born & raised in Vancouver so riding the Sea-to-Sky highway was a usual weekend ride among my riding friends. My late dad and I would take that ride often, have lunch, discuss the meaning of life and oil change intervals, then shoot back to Van. Miss those days a lot. Now I'm in Chicago without a corner in sight! One constant thing though - good folks around no matter where you go. As far as I know that old black Vmax should still be in the Vancouver area. Sold it to a detail-focussed guy and his brother who stated they had a few Vmaxes already. I hope it's still alive at least!

A pic from one of our rides in '02 (you can spot me and my Max at the end... or should I say front of the pack! Ha.)

Attachments

• 7320_583405320063_116200333_34757335_4962792_n.jpg
    7320_583405320063_116200333_34757335_4962792_n.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 25
Hey guys/gals
Another newbee to site. Looked at the forums out there and this one seemed to be the best to me. Thanks to all the people that make it possible. Anyway like most I have wanted a vmax since 1985, it was love at first sight. I was stationed in new river NC, will never forget the day we first met. Now 26 years later I bought a 2007 max with 4k on the clock. The bike is more than I dreamed it would be. Will have some questions soon, but for now i have some cleaning to do- this bike will shine every time i lay eyes on her. Thanks, Bob

Welcome Bob, you picked the best forum if you LOVE your Vmax. There's an unlimited amount of help and support for anything you'll ever want to do to the coolest bike out there and you can make it uniquely yours. Good luck, Ed

Been here lurking awile as I do not have any pics of my current projects. First is a 1993 max show style bike (actually I am building it very much the same as my old bike pictured below). The other is a 85 street fighter that I intend to have a lot of fun with. I will post a build on both when I get some good pics.

Anyway, below is my old bike and I miss it alot. Never could keep the thing running though.

C ya

Attachments

• 006_3A.jpg
    006_3A.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 002_00A.jpg
    002_00A.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
:punk:hey folks,got myself a 92 vmax few months back,proper basket case.always wanted a max,after twenty years of sports bikes,so thought id get my hands on a project. been a bit of a headache but its been worth it, loving the feel you get riding, still plenty of jobs to get the bike perfect but its getting their.had a good mooch about before joining this forum, everyone seems pretty friendly. :biglaugh:

Re: Newbie from Thailand

Hi all, I'm a Brit now retired and living in Thailand. First off let me congratulate all involved in making this a great site for v-maxers, I have spent hours reading great posts and blogs which helped me in making my purchase decision. I was looking for a big bike to ride over here and imports are so expensive to ship and get through Thai customs along with the excessive customs duties/registration and taxation that I almost gave up. Having ridden sport bikes for some years, that last being a 2006 R1, I knew finding the right bike for this country was going to be difficult, I am not a fan of custom choppers/low riders (each to their own and respect to all) but being short in stature I wanted a fast street bike and the V-max fitted the bill perfectley. There are plenty of unregistered Japanese imports here but very few full power US/Canadian models and after seeing some bent frames, missing vin numbers, part bikes and generally nackered bikes my patients paid off when I found a registered, fully legal in Thailand 1991 US full power model, straight bike being sold by an American returning home. So to cut the story short I am one very happy bunny who enjoys the 6000 rev surge on Vboost and to hell with the fuel economy (gas is cheap here in comparison to the uk about the 1/3 cost).

My plan now is to prioritise the changes and work I want to do to improve braking and reliability so here are my thoughts and please feel free to post comments as to sensibility or other wise.

1. Improve front braking to haul her up quicker - Find better calipers/rotors/master cylinder and fit braided lines - any suggestions welcome on best conversion for early fork set up.
2. Change to coil over plugs and remove stock set up - can get off ebay with harness but does there need to be any changes to leads i.e. add resistors?
3. Refinish engine detail with HTP paint as the usual wear and tear of 20yrs has taken it's tole.
4. Remove laquer from alloy parts/wheels and refinish with buffing kit, then find painter to refinish in 2 pac laquer.
5. Repaint Faux cover and fenders.

All my electrics check out andthe charging system is good, I am lucky the previous owner fitted acid free/maitenence free battery so all tight and dry.

Well that's all for the present but if anyone is in the Mahasarakham Issan area and wants to hook for rides I would be happy to meet and greet.

Safe riding to all

Attachments

• IMG_0296b.jpg
    IMG_0296b.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0301b.jpg
    IMG_0301b.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0302b.jpg
    IMG_0302b.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
Hey guys, newbie here. I'm a motorcycle tech at a shop here in Joplin, MO. I don't actually own a V-Max yet, but I'm in the process of buying a 2010 with 3400 miles that I just performed the oil pump recall on. I've currently got a 2002 R1 that I love, I'm picking up the V-Max so I can be comfortable while having fun. Great forum you've got here.

Hey guys, newbie here. I'm a motorcycle tech at a shop here in Joplin, MO. I don't actually own a V-Max yet, but I'm in the process of buying a 2010 with 3400 miles that I just performed the oil pump recall on. I've currently got a 2002 R1 that I love, I'm picking up the V-Max so I can be comfortable while having fun. Great forum you've got here.

Welcome to the Forum buddy! Good to have ya:punk::punk:

2. Change to coil over plugs and remove stock set up - can get off ebay with harness but does there need to be any changes to leads i.e. add resistors?

welcome to the forum. if you have a dyna3000 aftermarket ignition control unit, then yes, you must absolutely put in resistors. otherwise, it is entirely up to you. guys with stock ignition control units have been riding for 1000 of miles on COPs without resistors, but for me, it is safer than to be sorry, and a such i elected to put in resistors keeping in mind that the OEM ignition control unit sees twice as much resistance with OEM ignition coils than with the typical COP.

Good luck! and again welcome to the forum!

Thanks Palulukan for the welcome and advice / support, I have 07 R6 COP's with harness arriving in a day or two off Fl**bay at ?15 inc shipping ($22) so just have to source some resistors from Maplins, any size recomendations for these? Also the monkey has caught me and Sean is sending me adaptors for 6 pot Tokico's again picked up from F*****y (lucky again with a new set of EBC HH pads already fitted for ?85 ($125). New Wavy discs have also arrived, so when all gets here I will have her stripped and crack on with my mods. Thought I might do photo's, video and a blog, what you think?

What's up guys I just got my first max!!!!!
Had it three days and it has rained for three day getting tired of Sittin in my lawn chair staring at it but my wife won't let me put it in the livingroom so I can sit in the recliner!!!

2002 copleatly moded unbelievable bike and crzy fast haven't flipped the v boost switch yet I've only put 25 miles on it

What's up guys I just got my first max!!!!!
Had it three days and it has rained for three day getting tired of Sittin in my lawn chair staring at it but my wife won't let me put it in the livingroom so I can sit in the recliner!!!
Welcome to the forum Junior. Wifes are funny that way. The first yr I had my Max it rained everyday of my vacation. I had a very clean bike at the end of the week.
Steve

Hello to everyone in the Forum. Newby I guess to this type bike but look forward to my newly purchased 95 VMax. I quess my earlier motorcross & National Enduro circuit days & even my WERA & AMA days & 200-mph Gixxer street bike days are over. I decided a 60-year old should spend his time a little slower where I can see the sites & enjoy riding, again.
Glad to find such a great site with so much emphasis to detail & passion for riding & the VMax product.

Hello to everyone in the Forum. Newby I guess to this type bike but look forward to my newly purchased 95 VMax. I quess my earlier motorcross & National Enduro circuit days & even my WERA & AMA days & 200-mph Gixxer street bike days are over. I decided a 60-year old should spend his time a little slower where I can see the sites & enjoy riding, again.
Glad to find such a great site with so much emphasis to detail & passion for riding & the VMax product.

Welcome to the forum. Max will go as slow as you want. Most on here didn't get one to do that though. Have you found V-Boost yet ? :clapping:

wow rollie just took some time to look at your bikes very nice i love the black max as you can tell by mine

First time max owner but long time rider here. After a 4 month search covering half the state of florida, the bottom half, I finally found a clean 92 max at a fair price. I already have a VTX 1800 and a Eliminator 900 in my stable and the max was a welcome addition. Any south florida max riders out there that want to ride let me know. Check out my album for pics.

have a nice day
Hwystar1

Latest posts

Back